Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Two Dominant Follicles

Our alarms went off at 5 AM. We threw on some clothes and headed out the door. Two hours later I woke up in the parking lot of Sout.heast.ern Feri.lity Center. I had slept the entire way!

I had my blood work first. I was dreading this because both of my arms have nasty bruises. I'd already been poked three times this week. Well today's needle just bruised my right arm even more. It really looks bad. It hurts me to look at it.

My fourth u/s of the week was next. DH and I went in one of their many u/s rooms, I dropped my bottoms and we waited for our RE. We were expecting bad news but we were pleasantly surprised! My RE said my E2 level was at 468 yesterday. He wanted to do another u/s because my u/s results in Savannah weren't matching up with my E2 level. He said my follicles should have been bigger yesterday. He said the u/s machine in Savannah is older and not always as accurate as the "Cadillac" he was getting ready to use. So the results: 7.2 lining, 2 dominant follicles - one on the left at 17 and one on the right at 17. He said we will continue with 87 IU of Follistim tonight (in hopes of a little more growth) and trigger Sunday night at 12:30 AM. I'll have my IUI on Tuesday at 11:30 AM.

We're hoping for the best. This is my first IUI cycle with more than one dominantfollicle. It's also my first IUI cycle with a dominant follicle on my left ovary. Lefty doesn't usually participate.

It's pouring rain outside. DH and I are going to Target to buy an OPK. My blood work said I wasn't surging this morning but I have to test tomorrow morning to make sure I'm still not surging.

4 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

two follicles! that sounds promising! im glad you didnt have another roller coaster visit.

its pouring rain here today, too. i do not like rain on the weekend!

Melinda said...

Everything sounds good so far!! I'll be praying for you on Tuesday...praying this is the one!!

Melinda

Katie said...

Yaaaay! I can't wait to hear how this month goes!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

*happy dance*

I just had a feeling the other ultrasounds weren't right either! YAY!!!!!!