My day was like this roller coaster ride.Morning Highs and Lows:
I was pumped about my u/s this morning. I couldn't wait to see how many dominant follicles were in my little ovaries! Q went with me because DH had to work. The nurse practitioner gave Q a note pad to write down the numbers. She reminded us that follicles usually grow 1-2 mm a day. She said I could have 17s or so. Well the u/s began but the np wasn't calling out any 17s. I think I heard 10, 11, 6, 12 x 13 and I can't remember the rest. Actually I do remember my lining: 6. I was in shock. Q and I just looked at each other. I was trying not to cry. The np said "I'm sorry honey." I asked her if we would be cancelling this cycle. She said "I'm not sure what your RE will want to do." BTW, I wasn't at my RE's office. I was in Savannah. So I responded with "Q! We are going to Starbucks right away. This cycle's a bust! Screw my 'no caffeine' IUI cycle!" We went to the lab for my b/w and then we drove straight to Starbucks. Q treated me to a VENTE skinny latte! It was heaven. We shared a few tears, talked about what's next: more IUIs, IVF or adoption. Q told me about our dentist and his wife. They had unexplained infertility. They tried countless IUIs and IVF and didn't have any success. They adopted two little girls and then got pregnant on their own with a little boy. Now they are pregnant again. So it was an interesting morning! I went from having lots of hope to having no hope.
Afternoon Highs and Lows:
My nurse coordinator called and said everything looked fantastic. She said "Honey, you're only on CD 11." She said to continue Follistim at the same dose and go back on Friday for another u/s. I was confused! I thought things weren't looking fantastic. I called her back and told her I thought my follicles hadn't grown much. She said "Yes, they have grown since Sunday. We think you are going to have 3 or 4 dominant follicles. Your E2 went from 120 on Sunday to 215 today." I continued to tell her some of the other comments the np made to me. She said "Hold on a minute!" And omg, my RE got on the phone. He talked my head off for 10 minutes straight. He explained everything and said I was perfectly on track. So it was an interesting afternoon. I went from having no hope to having lots of hope.
What do you think? Is anyone surprised my follicles didn't grow much? Does anyone know anything about E2 levels?
I guess I just need to trust my RE. DH and I are going back on Friday morning for another u/s.
I was pumped about my u/s this morning. I couldn't wait to see how many dominant follicles were in my little ovaries! Q went with me because DH had to work. The nurse practitioner gave Q a note pad to write down the numbers. She reminded us that follicles usually grow 1-2 mm a day. She said I could have 17s or so. Well the u/s began but the np wasn't calling out any 17s. I think I heard 10, 11, 6, 12 x 13 and I can't remember the rest. Actually I do remember my lining: 6. I was in shock. Q and I just looked at each other. I was trying not to cry. The np said "I'm sorry honey." I asked her if we would be cancelling this cycle. She said "I'm not sure what your RE will want to do." BTW, I wasn't at my RE's office. I was in Savannah. So I responded with "Q! We are going to Starbucks right away. This cycle's a bust! Screw my 'no caffeine' IUI cycle!" We went to the lab for my b/w and then we drove straight to Starbucks. Q treated me to a VENTE skinny latte! It was heaven. We shared a few tears, talked about what's next: more IUIs, IVF or adoption. Q told me about our dentist and his wife. They had unexplained infertility. They tried countless IUIs and IVF and didn't have any success. They adopted two little girls and then got pregnant on their own with a little boy. Now they are pregnant again. So it was an interesting morning! I went from having lots of hope to having no hope.
Afternoon Highs and Lows:
My nurse coordinator called and said everything looked fantastic. She said "Honey, you're only on CD 11." She said to continue Follistim at the same dose and go back on Friday for another u/s. I was confused! I thought things weren't looking fantastic. I called her back and told her I thought my follicles hadn't grown much. She said "Yes, they have grown since Sunday. We think you are going to have 3 or 4 dominant follicles. Your E2 went from 120 on Sunday to 215 today." I continued to tell her some of the other comments the np made to me. She said "Hold on a minute!" And omg, my RE got on the phone. He talked my head off for 10 minutes straight. He explained everything and said I was perfectly on track. So it was an interesting afternoon. I went from having no hope to having lots of hope.
What do you think? Is anyone surprised my follicles didn't grow much? Does anyone know anything about E2 levels?
I guess I just need to trust my RE. DH and I are going back on Friday morning for another u/s.



7 comments:
Wow! I don't know anything about follicles and all that, but I think its AWESOME that your RE got on the phone! I doubt he would have done that if he wasn't serious! I'm really happy for you! And may be the extra caffeine will boost their growth ;) I'll be stalking you!
I don't think I triggered until day 13 or so, so my follicles were probably about your size on day 11. Hang in there- things are going well! Sorry you had such an emotional day full of ups and downs, but I'm glad it ended up a happy note.
I don't know alot about E2 levels, but I do know alot about follicles and you are still early, and it sounds like you are right on track...all women are different, I am one who ovulates EXTREMELY early (for example I got my trigger shot today cd9!!!) But I have read MANY of women with similar follicles on those days that you have!! I am praying for you!!
There's always hope, sweetie! Keep thinking positive and you know what? I'm glad you indulged in a little Starbucks, too!
Mine were really like that. I was a slow stimmer. It wasn't until they upped my dosage to 125 miu that the progress started happening. And again, even with that dosage I still got just one good follicle. I know how you feel with the ups and the downs. It's a tough ride.
I'm starting with the RE next month so I don't have a lot of experience with follicle growth (other than on Clomid which is all weird), but it sounds good to me. I am a late o-er (like CD18) I would trust your RE. They tend to know what they're doing. :) Sorry your day was so crazy, but it sounds like it ended on a good note. Best of luck to you!
wow, your day did have a lot of ups and downs. if i can remember correctly, it sounds like you are right on track!! im sure youll get a great report tomorrow.
Post a Comment