Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Costocho...what?

My doctor's appointment went well this morning. After describing my weird chest pains she pressed on the spot they were coming from. She asked "Is that painful or sore?" I couldn't get "YES!" out fast enough. She said "You have Costochondritis!" I said "What is that?" Here's what she told me, which I just copied from mayoclinic.com:

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). It causes sharp pain in the costosternal joint — where your ribs and breastbone are joined by rubbery cartilage. Pain caused by costochondritis may mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions.

Most cases of costochondritis have no apparent cause. In these cases, treatment focuses on easing your pain while you wait for costochondritis to resolve on its own.

She said to take 3 ibuprofen 2 times a day for 7 - 10 days. I've started it this morning since I know I'm not pregnant. I started spotting again today.

I'm just glad I'm not getting ready to have a heart attack or anything. I can rest in peace now.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

twondra said...

Glad it was nothing serious!

mak'n Changes said...

Jeez that's crazy! I'm glad u r safe. May god bless u and open your womb.

Cindie

Jill said...

Whoa -- that is crazy! I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious, but I'm sorry you're in such pain! I'm also sorry about the BFN. :(

Anonymous said...

That is so scary! Chest pains are no fun.

Glad you are ok!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Get better soon!!!

I consolidated my blogs and have a new URL. You can now find me at:
whendoesdaddycomehome2.blogspot.com