Don't you just love people that know your trying and constantly stare at your stomach during a conversation? I know what they are thinking "Ummm, is that a baby bump?" Yesterday I wore a cute little dress that's a size too big. I bought it thinking "Oh, I can wear this when I'm pregnant." That was a year ago and damn it I'm still not pregnant. Anyway, someone at school just kept staring. I wanted to scream out "No! That's not a baby bump! Please just STOP cutting your eyes down at my stomach every other second."
Laughing at myself...
...because DH had just walked in and asked "Why are you taking a picture of yourself?" I had to explain it was for a blog post. He admitted there was a little bit of a bump effect. I think it's just due to the style and size of the dress.



7 comments:
Well I'm not seeing a bump at all but that really is a cute dress!
I hate this feeling. I try to be aware of what I'm wearing each day during this time so that I don't get wrongly accused of something you long to achieve.
On a side note, I think this dress looks great and I don't see a baby bump at all... however, when you do have a baby bump it will look darling too!
Love the dress. I have to stop buying clothes under the excuse "I can wear it when I'm pregnant too" because I have yet to be pregnant in those clothes. I am going birthday shopping tomorrow and I am going to try to buy clothes that fit me right this minute, if I get pregnant soon I'll just have to buy new clothes :)
LOLLOLOL!!!!!!! What a great post! I totally know what you mean...especially with the styles these days!!
Infertility has made me gain weight...and lots of it in the belly...so people have been majorly staring...so depressing...*sigh* Hopefully someday we'll have a REAL bump for people to talk about.
P.S. I agree with everyone else...the dress is adorable...and no bump!! :o)
you are just the cutest! youll be filling it in with a bump before you know it!
I LOVE the dress. & you look swan-like & gorgeous!
fwiw, it will come in handy during those first few weeks if you're not quite ready to tell. People always love sticking their noses in your ute.
I have an acquaintance that repeatedly asked me if I was pregnant yet after we lost Harpie. Every time I saw her -- "Are you pregnant again YET??" as early as one week post-losing the babe. A total stab in the heart, but it also made me want to never tell her when I was pg. People just do not understand boundaries anymore (and this coming from a girl that blogs about her sex life).
You need the same T-shirt I do; "I'm not knocked up, just fat." But have to say you certainly do not look fat, or knocked up. The dress is really cute on you! Great post idea. It's kind of tempting to start a baby-less bump trend of photos blog tag :)
Post a Comment