
Go eggs, GO!!!
I had my third IUI today. My RE wasn't in office so his partner did the procedure. I didn't feel a thing! But about an hour after the procedure I started getting twinges and cramps. I've still got them. I'm hoping they are related to ovulation.
Remember? I had two dominant follicles. Yay! DH's total sperm after wash was 25 million. The RE said anything above 10 million is normal and good. We were surprised though. DH's total sperm after wash is usually around 45 million. We're still hopeful. I think this has been our best cycle yet.
My nurse said "
Third times a charm!" She pointed out on my consent form that today is
3 -
31 - 09. I also noticed the time right after the procedure: 12:
33 PM. I'm not really into numbers but we'll see...omg, what if we get pregnant with
triplets? Ha!
My 2WW begins tomorrow. It's neat how each date in April will correspond with my dpIUI. For example, tomorrow is April 1st and 1dpIUI.
Prometrium begins Thursday...ugh!
Ok, so guess what I saw while we were waiting?!?!
There was an u/s machine in our room. The probe thing was covered with a paper towel. I was curious. Wouldn't you be? It's never covered with a paper towel. DH told me not to look but I couldn't resist. There was nothing else to do while we waited for the RE. So omg, the probe was covered with a condom (which is nothing new) but there was a metal thing on top of that. It had a hole at the end. I thought it had to be for aspiration, egg retrievals, etc. I asked the nurse after the RE left. She said it was for aspirating eggs. She said they put a long needle through that hole. I about died. I can't imagine experiencing that while being awake. Ouch!
After the nurse left I saw the long needle on the table. It was covered too but I just had to peek. I really feel sorry the girl that's going to have that procedure done. I'm telling you what, I always thought we would go ahead with IVF but I'm not so sure. I think adoption might be a better option.
Oh and I saw a lady that could hardly walk in the waiting room without her husband's support. She was talking up a storm but completely out of it. She said she lost her first baby. She said her ER was on Saturday and her transfer was today. Her hubby said she was under the influence of Valium. Poor thing!
12 comments:
I've been through IVF a couple times and I hope you NEVER have to go through it, but don't worry about the big needle. You're out cold when they retrieve the eggs and don't feel a thing! :o)
Fingers and toes are crossed for you guys!!! I hope this is it! :)
(and boy am I glad you didn't say you looked at that needle thingy before it went in to you!!!) whew!
Hi, I'm new to your blog. And I just wanted to say I hope your 3rd IUI works:) keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Hannah
Well let's not think about IVF just yet! Let's hope this third time truly is a charm! God certainly likes doing things in three's so my prayers are being sent heavenward for you!
YAY!
Wow, yesterday must of been then day! I had my 1st IUI yesterday and there were 4 other women getting their's done too! Quite an active morning for the dr.'s!!!
Strange thing about our procedure is that my dr. didn't do it either. His partner did... It was kind of strange, introduced myself and then showed him my goods... oh well, he knows what he's doing right!?!?!
Anyway, best of luck to you and I really pray that the 3rd times the charm!!!
I have everything crossed for third time to be the charm!!!
OK, see, my favorite part of IVF (and the entire IF process) was the ERs. The drugs were lovely, I slept through the entire thing. And Valium at ETs? Wonderful! I kind of miss my Valiums.
But don't skip ahead too quickly! This cycle sounds great. I've got my fingers crossed.
PS: I was asleep through the ERs, but I was wiiiiiide awake when my ovaries were drained with that long needle and it SUCKED.
Good luck good luck good luck! I hope the third time really is the charm!
Good luck with this cycle! May none of us ever have to look at long (or short) scary needles again!
Praying, praying, praying...
Hugs,
Melinda
yay for 2 great follicles. and having one on each side is HUGE. all those 3's sound very promising. i really hope this is it for you!!
you are welcome in chicago anytime. our summers are truly amazing. they are so great, people stick around through the horrible winter just to have the following summer to enjoy. :0)
HAHA, I love that!!!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you---praying LOTS :)
Post a Comment