Our alarm clock went off at 5 this morning. DH had to drag me out of bed. We've missed sleeping in on Saturdays. We started on our 2 hour trip to Charleston at 6 because we had to be there at 8. DH always drives and I always sleep. I do wake up for breakfast - usually fast food - yuck! But hey, it's quick and we don't leave early enough to stop and sit down at Cracker Barrel or IHOP.
The ultrasound was a little painful. Um, like when she did two sharp 90 degree turns to my left and right ovaries. When I finally realized how hard I was pushing on those stirrups, I decided to stop trying to push away. It wasn't coming out and I just needed to relax. I tried but it didn't help. DH thinks she's really shoved it up there because he saw how far the KY went down on the stick thingy. He said "Wow, she really put it up there today!" Oh, the joys of ultrasounds. I love my DH and can't imagine doing any of this without him. He's been right there by my side for everything. He's says since you're the one going through all the ultrasounds, procedures, etc. I will do all the driving and be right there by your side.
The ultrasound tech was a "fill in." Maybe she's not experienced and that's why she wasn't gentle OR maybe she didn't want to be there.
We met with our nurse and she explained that the "fill in" measured LOTS of follicles. She said they usually don't measure all those smaller ones but "fill in" did. She measured a total of 10! 6 follicles were between 6 mm and 9 mm (mostly 9 mm). The other 4 were 11 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm and 13 mm: 11 and 12 on left, 11 and 13 on right. Our nurse said we will definitely have more than one follicle this month. She said if we have too many they can aspirate some. ASPIRATE! That didn't sound nice and it really freaked me out. I asked her about the pain associated with aspiration and she said they sedate you...WTF? I am still excited that we will have more than one this time! She talked with my doctor and here's our plan: 2 more nights of Follistim (50 IU a night) and another ultrasound on Monday.
Oh, and how cool is this? After last night's injection we were officially out of Follistim. I told the nurse and she just GAVE me a 600 IU cartridge of Follistim. That's like $600 worth of Follistim for FREE! Although insurance would have covered 70%, that was still really nice of her. If this cycle doesn't work (why did I just say that, it's going it work), we will have plenty of Follistim for next month!
Update - I forgot to mention that my lining was at 8.
Hello world!
2 years ago



4 comments:
Everything is looking great. Sorry the ultrasound was painful. I think sometimes the techs forget what they're doing and need to excercise a little gracefullness to their technique. Glad you got through it, and how awesome on the free medicine. Guess that was worth the pain.
Great update! Sorry about the painful u/s -- some techs are much gentler than others. But during IVF, the ovaries are so sore that it hurts every time regardless (for me at least); maybe the number of follicles had something to do with the discomfort? Regardless, GOOD LUCK!!! :)
Sorry about the awful u/s -- I have been there & it blows. Seriously, one tech hand the thing perpendicular to my vag at one point. I thought I was dying.
But it sounds like it was worth it & yay for some good follies!!!!
woo hoo for free follistim! ive gotten endometrin and birth control from them for free. every little bit helps!
Post a Comment