Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ready for IUI

The trigger shot went well. It was painless. As soon as DH pulled the needle out I turned around to look. I was bleeding a little bit. I think a little bit of the med came out with the blood, but what could we do? I wish I could be more relaxed and carefree about this whole experience; instead I'm the extreme opposite. DH assured me that everything would be ok. We followed the directions.

So like I said, the actual injection was painless. But not afterwards! The injection site is sore. It hurts when I sit down and put pressure on that side. And other news, I feel so heavy down there, maybe it's pressure I'm feeling. It hurts when I pee but not like a UTI. Maybe I'm not explaining my symptoms too well but something is definitely going on down there. Hopefully the trigger shot is doing it's job! Anyway, all of this will be worth it one day. I will happily deal with it all.

Our IUI is tomorrow morning at 11:30 AM. We'll have to get there at 10:30 for DH to do this thang. LOL! I'm looking forward to spending another day with him. My parents are visiting us this weekend. They are driving in tomorrow night. We're going to a lowcountry oyster roast on the river Saturday night. I won't be eating oysters though...yuck! I'm glad I won't have to start the progesterone suppositories until they leave. I'm a zombie on those things.

I was watching Oprah this afternoon. The episode was on hormone replacement therapy. I wasn't too interested until they started mentioning terms I am familiar with because of IF. A doctor on the show said that too much progesterone can lead to depression, lethargy and sleepiness. I can so relate!!!

Did any one watch Private Practice tonight? I started watching it but didn't finish. OMG! How painful did it look when they pushed the baby back inside of her? Scary! So did she end up keeping the baby? I wanted the adoptive family to have the baby like originally planned.

Update - My little student LOVED his gifts. He was so happy! He had the biggest smile on his face this morning.

4 comments:

twondra said...

I'm anxious to hear how the IUI goes!!!

ashley said...

I had bleeding too with the trigger and the injection spot swelled up and itched like crazy. Everything you're experiencing is normal, try to relax, everything's going to be okay. Good luck with the IUI!

http://theheirtoblair.com said...

Many, many, many prayers for today.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i hope everything went great today! i watched private practice. the adoptive family ended up with the baby. thats what i was hoping for, too. :)