DH and I started visiting a new Methodist church. I love it because it's Methodist and it's close to our house. We have a hard time getting to church on time. The church is just getting started. DH isn't a huge fan but I really like it. Maybe it's my calling to help the church get things started? I don't know. Anyway the pastor was discussing how easy is can be to just give up and stop trying (referring to starting the church). He said we must go forth and persevere. I thought about our journey of starting a family. I always wonder if we are doing the right thing by moving forward with these fertility treatments. They are so exhausting and stressful. I think I got my answer. DH and I must go forth and persevere because God is watching out for us. He's on our side. He has a plan. It will be worth it one day.
After church the pastor's wife introduced me to a lady that had two little ones: a Hispanic girl and a Caucasian boy. I figured the little girl was adopted but I wasn't sure about the little boy. She and her husband had trouble TTC. They did everything but IVF. Afterwards they pursued international adoption and adopted their little girl from Guatemala. She is a precious 2 year old now. She said right before going to Guatemala they were shocked to find out they were pregnant with a little boy. It happened when they least expected it. Isn't that wild?!?!
She completely understood the emotions involved with TTC. She said adopting is an emotional rollercoaster as well. She said they had numerous meetings with their social workers. They were told to be ready in two weeks. Then plans would change or be delayed. Now she says it was worth EVERYTHING they went through! She said they wouldn't have their little girl if they hadn't struggled with TTC.
It make me smile to see her with her family. She's been in my shoes but now look what she has. I almost wanted to cry tears of happiness for her. She's blessed and I hope to be one day. I can't wait! Her story gave me hope.
Hello world!
2 years ago



1 comments:
Great post! You asked me once before if I regretted doing all of the cycles that we did...I have to say, when we have our baby in our arms - I know it will feel meant to be. Without all of the failed cycles, etc., we wouldn't end up with our future child, you know?
Post a Comment