I was given false hope on Saturday. That "fill in" measured too many follicles that didn't need to be measured. They were too small and should have never been brought to my attention. The regular u/s lady, which I had today, said she doesn't even count follicles that measure 6 mm to 12 mm. She only counts 13 mm and up. So if she had done my u/s on Saturday, I would have been told I had one follicle at 13 mm. Which was exactly what I had because that same follicle was even bigger today. It was 16 mm.
My lining went from 8.1 to 8.8.
I was disappointed to hear the news. Only one follicle at 16 mm! I don't get it. I took less Follistim last month and I had a 20 mm on CD 10.
So here's our plan: continue with 50 IU of Follistim for the next two nights (unless I get a + OPK tomorrow or Wednesday). Take the trigger on Wednesday night at 12:30 AM and have the IUI on Friday at 11:30 AM.
I had to ask what would be the next step if this doesn't work. The nurse thinks my RE will be more aggressive. She said he will probably stop the Letrazole/Femara and start Follistim earlier.
I asked if we should cancel this cycle because I only have one follicle. The nurse said she wouldn't because I'm 24 and the quality of my eggs are probably really good. She reminded me that it only takes one egg and one of her patients just got pregnant with one egg after an IUI. I thought but aren't our chances higher with more than one?
I started crying before we got out the door. DH and I enjoyed a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I'm feeling better now.
Question - Does any one think we should cancel? We aren't getting another u/s before the trigger. What if the 16 mm doesn't grow in the next two days? I would rather save the money for next month...I think!
Hello world!
2 years ago



7 comments:
Good old Cracker Barrell! They don't have them over here so I just get McDonalds breakfast after my appointments! I'm sorry that you're feeling down...I can't imagine why you couldn't cancel this time and just try on your own...my Dr. just said today that we were going to see if I had more than one with clomid this cycle and if not we'd cancel!
But she was right...it does only take one!!! I'll be praying that this is THE ONE!!!!
I left my doctors office the same way you did, crying because I had only one follicle. One??? I was so upset, but here I am, 10 weeks pregnant with just that one follicle that I was so upset about. I would not cancel if it were me, all it takes is one and really, more just means the chance of multiples and that puts you at even more risk. You do what makes you comfortable, but I can't stress it more than it's already been said, "One is all it takes."
Awww, sweetie, I'm so sorry about the news. I don't have any answers for you but I'm thinking about you!!
No, don't cancel. Look at it this way: the follicle has grown 3mm since Saturday and will likely continue to grow. It DOES only take one! I know it's hard. I think my IUI cycles were harder than my IVF cycles. Ugh, what a roller coaster.
Question: is your RE not monitoring your estrogen levels?? If so, find out what they are. Also, if this cycle doesn't work, go sit down with your RE and ask some questions.
GOOD LUCK!!
i wouldnt cancel. i know its disappointing, but it really does only take one good egg!! its odd how differerent our bodies respond each month. i truly hope you dont need to move onto more aggressive treatment!
Don't cancel your IUI! Remember that a normal body typically only makes one follicle at a time for ovulation. People for centuries have been getting pregnant with one follicle. In our society where we think more is better it's easy to feel like we're getting the short end of the stick when things like this happen. But having more eggs is not better. And sometimes even when you have more than one egg and take the trigger only one ends up getting released anyway- so half the time it does not even matter.
My RE tries to only get one good egg for IUI's. He's not in the business to overload the ovaries with multiple eggs because he says the odds don't go up (and he's been doing this for almost 30 years) This isn't egg retrieval for IVF, it's just one good egg timed perfectly with injection of the sperm.
So basically, don't believe the hype that more is better - except maybe with the sperm...more sperm IS better, eggs? Not so much.
Maybe this is your lottery month! Thanks for stopping by my blog, we have one egg in common (really bad joke there). But good luck with whatever you decide. This could be 'the egg'!
Post a Comment