Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

TWINS


Okay, so the ultrasound was today and within seconds our RE said "You've got twins!" DH and I couldn't stop smiling. Both of the sacs looked so perfect. So he measured Baby A at 6.5 mm. He said it was measuring at 6 weeks and 4 days. We were able to see the flickering heart beat. By the way this made my heart melt! It was so sweet. He measured Baby B at 3.5 mm and couldn't see a heart beat. He didn't tell me the weeks and days Baby B was measuring. He said my uterus was turned backwards or something and my ovaries were huge and squishing everything. He said he thought it was a technical issue and he was unable to get an accurate measurement of Baby B. Our RE told us we have a 90% chance of bringing home twins and a 95% chance of bringing home one baby. DH thought that was reassuring but I started to get worried about Baby B and I'm still worried about him or her. My nurse told me not to worry because it's still early. She said if I were 7 weeks and they couldn't see a heart beat that she would be worried.

My next ultrasound is scheduled for Saturday, August 16th. We'll know for sure by then if we've got one healthy baby or two healthy babies. My ob/gyn told me in March that if I wanted to come in early and have an ultrasound before I was released back to her I could just come in. I called her today and set up an ultrasound for this coming Thursday. I just can't wait until August 16th to find out about Baby B.

Has this happened to anyone before? Or anyone you know? I'm really stressed about Baby B. I need to relax and be patient but it's just hard to do that right now! Say a prayer!

I'm going to post the ultrasound picture soon!

21 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel really good about your twins!! I don't think you are going to be like my situation..we had two sacs but only saw 1 heartbeat and the RE said we would know the next week about the 2nd sac...before that us I started bleeding. Now I think it was just my hematoma and not really a 2nd sac. Think positive about baby B..he's probably just being shy;) I'll be praying for you!! ((HUGS))

mak'n Changes said...

I am so happy for you! My heart leaped when I read your your title! I speak many blessings over your belly and those sweeties on the inside. Be blessed and may the hand of God, guide and direct every cell as it develops. May gods favor rule your life in Jesus name!

sweetpeanme said...

I knew you had twinners in there!!! YAY!!!!!!! Praying for your little B...I'm sure everything is fine!! :o)

Erin said...

Oh YAY! Happy to hear it's twinkies! I'm sure Baby B is just perfect! Relax and try not to stress!

The Pifer's said...

OH MY HOW AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Congrats sweetie!

Courtney said...

That is so awesome! I will definitely be praying for you and both of your sweet babies! Try not to stress too much (I know, I know...easier said than done). :-) I'm glad you were able to set up another u/s for this week. I'm sure everything will be fine!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome news! You guys must be so happy. And don't worry about Baby B, sounds like everything is a-ok! Yay!

Joy@WDDCH said...

The nurse is right- it's normal to NOT see a heartbeat this early on! Plus a tilted uterus can make it very difficult to find a heartbeat and take proper measurements.

It's hard not to worry. I'm not even going to tell you NOT to worry because it won't work. You're a mother now, long before they're born, and you'll continue to worry about them long after they arrive into the world!

Brit♥Ann said...

So I've been following ur blog now and have read past posts and i just wanted to say you are amazing! you are so strong and just so inspirational! i know this is probablly weird coming from a stranger but congratulations! ive prayed for you and you husband as well as many other bloggers ive been folliwng and im so happy you have been blessed with 2 miracles! I'll continue praying that everything goes well and you have two happy healthy babies coming home!
Brittany H.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Twins! This is so great! Try not to stress about baby B. I'm sure everything will work out! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your babies!!!

http://theheirtoblair.com said...

TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Momma! :) Just take one day at a time from this point on, as I know you are so good at doing. We will say prayers that Baby A will keep thriving & that Baby B simply has a strong personality as a prankster.

Love, love, love to you, the husband, & your two sweet babes. We couldn't be happier for you.

Once Upon A Time said...

Congrats on two! I know this opens up a whole new world of worries. Hang in there- I know your u/s can't come soon enough and it will seem like it takes forever. Just keep thinking positive thoughts! Can't wait to see the u/s pic from today!

Triumph in Learning said...

Congrats!!! twins so exciting!!! I'll be praying for Both baby.. A and Baby..B:)

Melinda said...

I am SO excited for you!! God is so good!! I'll continue praying for the FOUR of you :-)

Melinda

Courtney said...

Wow, what a switch, right? TWINS! congratulations. I'm gonna hope and pray that it's just an equipment reason that they couldn't get good images of baby b. Wishing you nothing but the best over here!

Katie said...

Baby A was always ahead of Baby B. They were worried about Baby B. when I had my follow up and he was fine, measuring perfect, and Baby A no longer had a heartbeat, so it's def possible that your Baby B is just fine. They could have totally implanted on different days and Baby B is just a couple days behind. A day makes a major WORLD of difference this early. Praise your twins, because you have them right now!!! I can't wait to hear about both their heartbeats on the 16th :) (BTW I didn't tell you my story to freak you out, I'm just demonstrating that Baby B could be perfect, just like my Baby B is now!)

Kerri said...

Well, the statistics they gave you sound really promising. Hopefully it was just a technical issue. I'm glad you're getting in for another u/s sooner...I wouldn't be able to stand that wait either!! I'm very, very happy for you. Can't wait to hear how the next u/s goes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will be praying for you and both babies!

Allison said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for you!! Don't be too worried about Baby B. I'm sure everything will be ok. He/she just needs a little more time! Congratulations!

Jill said...

What a blessing.... I'm so thrilled for you!!

Katie said...

Congratulations to you and you dh (and BOTH babies!!!!!). I have been following your blog since you IF days, and am thrilled to hear of your pregnancy. You know it gives us fellow IFers HOPE! I'm awarding you the "One Lovely Blog Award". Please visit my blog to accept it. Congrats again!