IVF Meds and my new Orchid
Our outrageously expensive IVF meds arrived on Friday afternoon. The grand total was $3,997.37. Can you believe it? It makes me sick to think about it. And no, we didn't pay that total (we couldn't afford to pay that total). Thank GOD for IF insurance! Anyway, the interesting fact is that the Follistim costs $3,326.31. So the rest of the meds weren't really that expensive. By the way my RE ordered THREE 900 IU cartridges of Follistim. Doesn't that seem like a little much? Maybe not. I know I'm starting at 250 IU of Follistim a day for the first three days of stims. So maybe that's right.
In other IVF news I've got my SonoHSG and Trial Transfer on Wednesday afternoon. I'm supposed to drink 32 ounces of water an hour before the Trial Transfer. I hope they do the procedure quickly because I have a small bladder. I'll post my experiences with those procedures later this week.
I was doing so well on my diet and exercising but the end of last the week was hectic at school. I was ready to eat everything in sight -- a problem I have when I'm stressed. I didn't want to exercise either. I'm regretting a lazy weekend but oh well!
On Friday night I made a delicious southern dish called Poppy Seed Chicken. I've made it before and it's serious comfort food. I was going to post the recipe on here with my pictures but Kelly's already posted it on Kelly's Recipes. Kelly is the author of Kelly's Korner and I highly recommended a lot of her recipes. And no, I don't know her personally. I just love her recipe blog. But I do have to say, instead of boiling the chicken breasts I would just buy a rotisserie chicken and pull off the pieces. They are freshly baked from the deli of a grocery store. It makes it's much easier!

My Poppy Seed Chicken that was heavenly!




15 comments:
I am a southern girl, but have never had this dish! I will definitely be trying it out :)
Well,, I speak many, many blessings and favor over your womb! May you find yourself full of joy as you hold your little angel soon! Be Blessed In Jesus Name!
cindie
Oh yeah! I've been making poppyseed chicken forever! I love it! And it's not the least bit healthy....
I know, those meds are crazy expensive! I was on 150 of gonal f, and then got moved to 225. It's better to have too much than not enough is what I was told.
The chicken looked great and inspires me to try more new recipies!
Wow, how exciting that you have your meds and AMEN to having IF insurance! I'm still waiting on AF to show up so I can schedule my day 3 blood work and ultrasound with the RE. For the last 10 months I have wished AF away and now here I am anxiously awaiting her arrival! :-) My how things change.
We love poppyseed chicken! It's so good!
I can't believe how expensive all those meds are. Hopefully, it will be well worth it!
Ooof! My total was $2,014- which was less than we estimated and I'm glad it was because we DO have to pay for all of it. I got 3 boxes of 600 IU's. (Seemed awfully small for how much that cost!) Good luck on your Wed. appointment.
i will be making DH that dish!!! i'm a vegetarian, so none for me... but i think he'll enjoy that!
i'm SO GLAD you have IF insurance!!! what a blessing!!!!
I hope everything goes well for you. I know it will. And the dish looked so delicious!! Mmmmm.
Yay for MEDS;) Mine cost $2800 and we did have to pay that so I know how you feel!!
Look at those meds!! Praise God for your insurance.
& LOOK AT THAT CHICKEN. Holy crap, I'm making that.
I about passed out when they told me how much I had to pay for my IVF drugs last week. It just seems so excessively expensive.
And I think the BCP are making me carb crave; that chicken looks delic!
Main, those meds are expensive!I'll be starting my IVF cycle soon, I didn't realize that the meds would be so expensive! That chicken recipe looks wonderful, I'll have to try it. I hope and pray that your cycle is successful!
I tried the recipe for the poppyseeed chicken. It was wonderful! Thank you!
that flower seriously makes this picture look prettier than just a bunch of meds..:)
Post a Comment