Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Treasure Chest


Everything went well during yesterday's appointment. According to the ultrasound tech my uterus and ovaries look beautiful. She said my ovaries are keeping quiet which means I'm suppressed. I had my blood drawn and then met with the nurse. She looked over my ultrasound results and said I've got a treasure chest of eggs: 27! 15 on one side and 12 on the other. She said it was a great way to start an IVF cycle. She said to continue 10 units of Lupron with something new! I'm adding 10 units of micro HCG. So first I put 10 units of Lupron in the syringe. Then I insert the needle into another bottle and add 10 units of micro HCG. She said the needle will be dull from going in two rubber stoppers. So she gave me some advice: hard and fast! She said it will be less painful. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. By the way it's actually still Thursday night. When I got home from my appointment I ate lunch and then watched some TV. I was sleepy and my head and foot/lower leg had been hurting all morning. Weird, I know! I'm use to having head aches on all these fertility meds but not foot/lower leg pains. Anyway I fell asleep until 9 PM and when I woke up DH was getting in bed to go to sleep! So now it's 2 AM and I'm wide awake.

Back to my appointment I'm starting Follistim at night: 250 IU. I'm going back in Tuesday for blood work: E2. My nurse said my RE will make decisions on what's next based on the results. I'm getting so excited. I know we've got to make it through a lot: successful ER, transfer, betas, ultrasounds and a PREGNANCY but I'm already having visions of our baby in our home. I can't wait!

Update -- The Lupron/micro HCG hurt this morning! Hopefully it was just a one time thing and it won't hurt again. If not then I'm not looking forward to my morning "wake up" shot. Ouch!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

27!!!!!! whoa! that's WODERFUL! i feel like this has gotta be it for you!

Courtney said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting! I'm glad things are going so well!

Melissa said...

That's fantastic!! 27?!?!?! That's awesome!!! I am so excited for you. And, I totally understand imagining baby being home. I look at it as they are waiting for us to come get them. :0) Best of luck. I'll be reading along!!

Tabitha said...

27 is a GREAT number! I'll be praying for a smooth and successfull cycle for you!

Courtney said...

Those are good numbers, I'm really hopeful for you in this cycle. I hope the shot went well!

Jill said...

WOW, that's awesome news! Way to go!!! Hope that shot isn't to hard for you...

Thinking about you...

sweetpeanme said...

WOWZAH!!! 27 eggs!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!! Sorry about the ouchie shot..that's no fun!!! Hoping next time its not as painful!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT way to start out!!!

SWITCH THE NEEDLES, jeez, I can't believe your nurse didn't suggest that, ha! After it's mixed, just unscrew the needle and inject with a fresh one :)

sunflowerchilde said...

I was going to ask, like Holly, can't you get more needles and use a new one to inject? Otherwise that's nuts.

Congrats on the 27 eggs!

Anonymous said...

27 eggs! Thats terrific! I hope this is the cycle for your miracle!
I'll be thinking of you!

Dianne said...

That is wonderful news!!

Are you numbing it before with ice or an ice pack?? That really helps me!