Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

SonoHSG & Trial Transfer

I am happy to say that yesterday's procedures were a breeze. My RE started with the SonoHSG because my bladder wasn't completely full when he came in to do the Trial Transfer. I guess the 32 ounces of water I chugged 15 minutes before my appointment didn't do their job. Oh well! I didn't drink anything all day except those two bottles of water because I didn't want to feel miserable and about the bust during the procedure. When I have to go I have to go and I can't hold it. My RE said my body was probably a little dehydrated so the 32 ounces of water were absorbed and not sent directly to my bladder. He said for the actual transfer I must have a full bladder so I guess I'll drink water throughout the day and then chug 32 ounces before my appointment.

The SonoHSG wasn't bad at all. I felt a tiny pinch and cramp when the catheter was going in my cervix but that was it. After the catheter was in he removed the speculum and inserted the u/s probe. The saline solution was injected through the catheter. We watched the saline solution enter and fill my uterus. I didn't feel it at all and it was cool to watch it on the screen. It maybe lasted 2 0r 3 minutes. He said my uterus looked great. Afterwards my RE did the Trial Transfer because my bladder was a little more full. I didn't feel anything at all. It maybe lasted 5 seconds.

DH and I went to downtown Charleston after our appointment. We had our anniversary dinner at the famous Hyman's Seafood. I love their She Crab Soup! I also enjoyed Firefly with pink lemonade. If you haven't tried it you should. It's a favorite around here! DH gave me the Anniversary Willow Tree Angel. They are so sweet and always make me smile. We had a really great day together.

I've taken two weeks of BC pills. I've only got one week left. I start Lupron on Sunday morning. I'm getting excited about our IVF cycle!

8 comments:

Triumph in Learning said...

Glad every thing is going well.. Your getting closer and closer to you IVF cycle I know you must be getting excited!:)

The Pifer's said...

Glad everything is going well, I am praying for you :)

Courtney said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad your procedures went well.

twondra said...

Glad things are going well. :) Thinking and praying for you!!

Once Upon A Time said...

So glad your stuff went well. I start Lupron Saturday night, so really, we're only like 12 hours apart. They will be my first injections- and I'm not super nervous (or at least right now) but I just want to get the show on the road already!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Glad things are going good.

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.

I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.

Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Anonymous said...

Ack, you are getting so close - sooooo exciting!

So happy it was an easy appointment.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

great news! im so glad everything went well for you!!