What is up with teachers struggling with infertility? I'm definitely an educator that has spent the last three years of my life completely stressed out over my job on daily basis. I'm struggling with unexplained infertility and I've often wondered if it could be related to stress from work. I know of four or five teachers at my school that struggled with conceiving or conceived with help. Last week I met a neighbor that teaches kindergarten and is struggling with unexplained infertility. I ALWAYS come across teachers that have infertility blogs. There are sooo many out there! I wonder if there is a correlation to teaching and infertility. I wouldn't be surprised if stress is the culprit. A career is education is beyond stressful and those of us that are struggling do not deserve this sentence -- if in fact it's due to the stress of teaching!
Hello world!
2 years ago



9 comments:
One of my Aunts said that it has to do with the fact that we are nurturing so many children already that our bodies just won't get pregnant!
I have no idea...but it certainly is a bummer...and makes our job much more difficult at times!
At least we have the summer to "relax" since that's all it takes right?? :o)
Wow, that's really strange! It's worth researching I think. Now that you mention it I know teachers that only have 1-2 children or none. And I know of one teacher who had multiple miscarriages and finally had her miracle baby (her only).
Very interesting link!
So true! I would switch jobs for a year or two if there really was a correlation...hmm...
Anyway, yay for summer!! :)
I'm already struggling with infertility and I'm not even done with my teaching degree...hmm, you've made some interesting points...that's something that someone may have to look into, in terms of a research project!
I've noticed that too... my theory is that the BEST teachers struggle with infertility (you and I included) because God's plan is that other children need us first before our own children are top priority. It makes me feel a little better at least...
I've noticed that too! I've left full time teaching and am just tutoring now for the county. Much less stressful, so I'm hoping that will help bring me a BFP!
I am new to blogging, and I have been struck my the number of teachers who have infertility blogs! Being a teacher myself, it's shocking! A friend of mine (who is so insightful and deep) gave me the perspective that the kids we teach need us more at certain points in our careers...and that we, being nurturing humans by nature, are better equipped to handle the tragedies IF can bring.
I used to teach kinder and I am infertile also!!!! And almost all of my blog "buddies" are teachers too!!! It is so weird!!
ALthough at my old school I swear about 10 girls were pregnant in one school year.
I think it might just be that schools are places where lots of girls in child bearing years work.
Kind of funny though!
wow... you are right! I've come across lots of teacher infertility blogs, too. At my school I am one of 3 girls with fertility trouble...
Strength in numbers, ladies!
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! It goes by so fast!
Post a Comment