Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baby Purchases

Latest Baby Purchase - Wicker Bassinet

Empty for Now!

I'm always on the look out for cute "must have" baby items. I've been purchasing these "must haves" items for several months now. I think the first purchase was made the Christmas before we started trying: December 2007. I ordered the Chicco stroller because I loved the pattern: 70s. DH just laughs when I call them "must haves." I used to shop more in the beginning when I thought we were actually going to get pregnant right away. I went through a few months this past spring without browsing at all. I didn't have any hope. But the hope is slowly coming back with this upcoming IVF cycle. So that leads to an explanation for the above pictures. I was driving by a baby consignment shop the other day. I didn't have any desire to go inside but I noticed this bassinet on the sidewalk. I could resist and had to check it out. I fell in love with it. Although it was used it was in excellent condition. So I got a $400 (cost with shipping) wicker bassinet for $150! I want to pick out a cute fabric and have bedding made but I'm going to wait on that wish. I'm going to wait until we get pregnant and find out if we're having twins (if so, I'm probably going sell it because it won't work for twins).

So anyway I just wanted to share it with you because it makes me smile. I can't wait to use it one day! It's beautiful. It's kept upstairs in one of our guest bedrooms.

7 comments:

ashley said...

It never hurts to be prepared. I'm hoping you'll be filling that bassinet soon!!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Never give up hope- I think it's wonderful you're buying your must-haves! I bought baby things before we got pregnant and I was going through a new diagnosis of PCOS. It really helped me feel more hopeful, even if I did feel a bit silly storing all of this baby stuff.

*HUGS*

Sarah said...

lol. I had to laugh at this post because you remind me of me! We've been trying for 2.5 years but I'm still buying "must haves" it's one way of trying to keep me excited. Plus, my sister-in-law had twins and put them both in a basket like this, when they're young they're more comfortable snuggled up together. Good luck, and enjoy shopping!

Allison said...

At least by the time the baby gets here, you will already have a lot of stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if YOU are comfortable with it, that is all that matters! I could not stand the thought of having ANY baby items in our house while we were TTC...but that was just me. I think that basket is very good looking and what a steal!

Dianne said...

Good for you!! I am the exact opposite. I haven't bought a thing - I do have a second hand swing though. For some reason I can't allow myself to buy anything. That is great that you are!!!!!!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

that is one beautiful bassinet! i really hope youll be filling it next..early spring? thats when youd be due, right?