Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Blow Fish

Half asleep but chugging Gatorade

On my way this morning...

I feel like a blow fish except I'm not filled with air. I'm filled with fluid. I've been downing Gatorade all day which leads to emptying my bladder every few minutes. I ate 3 bananas and now I'm on my second glass of orange juice. That should cover my potassium. I've followed my RE's recommendation of salty foods: country ham biscuit with a side of country ham (ha!) and pepperoni pizza. I don't know what else to do but pray that I don't get severe OHSS.

My nurse called a few minutes ago. She said my estrogen is quite high -- over 7,000! She wanted to make sure I had my prescription filled for tomorrow. It's called Dostinex. I'll start it after my ER. She said they give it to all patients that have an estrogen level above 5,000. I asked her if I would be okay but I really meant could the transfer be cancelled. She said everything would be fine. She said I would be really bloated and everyones body handles things differently but things will be fine. She made me feel better.

We're going to bed early tonight. We're excited about the ER. We've got to be there at 8:45 AM. So we'll be leaving here at 6:30 AM. It's going to be an early morning but hopefully an uneventful day after the ER. I'll update as soon as I'm able with details from my experience.

Say a prayer. I'm praying for you!

17 comments:

Bethany Lenhart said...

Good luck!!! I know it would go well!!

Anonymous said...

way to eat those bananas! can't wait to hear how it goes! always praying for my IF buddies!

sunflowerchilde said...

Good luck! I hope the ER goes well and OHSS doesn't rear its ugly head.

Once Upon A Time said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning! Much good luck, and I'm sure it will go well.

Baby Mama said...

Praying for you!!

Jill said...

GL GL GL GL GL!! Protein helps with OHSS, too -- so lots and lots of protein, bananas, salty foods, & gatorade!

Courtney said...

Oh, good luck! I'll be praying for you and hoping for an easy retrieval and quick recovery from a very minor OHSS (or none at all!). Update when you can!

Kerri said...

Good luck!!! Things will go great- I just have a good feeling about it. Keep eating those salty foods & drinking lots of Gatorade.

Kelli said...

Praying!! :)

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

good luck tomorrow!! ill be thinking of you allll day!

Courtney said...

Yay!!! I'm praying for you! I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Jessica said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I hope this works and you get your BFP!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm praying for you!

Tabitha said...

Prayers and (((HUGS)))!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Prayers and best wishes for tomorrow!

Dianne said...

Good luck!! And take it easy!!!

Melissa said...

I'll be thinking of you! Hope all goes well...Can't wait to hear the verdict!!!

I laughed because I am back to work today and I have a gatorade on my desk and am currently eating a banana!! :0)

((HUGS))