Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breaks My Heart


It breaks my heart to look at this picture. DH and I were so excited when we took it. It was taken over a year ago and right before we started trying. I just knew I would get pregnant right away and I wanted DH to take pre-pregnancy picture. It was going to be the first picture in my "bump" slide show.

It also breaks my heart to think "What if IVF doesn't work for us?" and "What if I never get to experience pregnancy?" I am very hopeful and positive that it will work but there is still a little part of me that thinks -- well, I need to be realistic! We weren't given a 100% chance it would work. I know adoption is an amazing experience and I know it is the path we will choose if IVF doesn't work. So that is exciting to think about too. At least that will be the answers to our prayers if IVF doesn't work.

On a happier note, I'm on my fourth week of losing a few pounds, eating healthier and getting in shape. I have lost about five pounds. Now I'm sooo close to breaking my "realistic" goal before IVF! But I probably gained all five pounds back this past weekend. I ate sooo bad! I'm going to get back on track. Today I ran/jogged 2 miles! That's HUGE for me. DH and I did the first couple weeks of Couch to 5K (which is a wonderful program) but decided to run to our favorite music for the last couple weeks.

11 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

No worries, it is just all on God's time! He knows the perfect time for you all to be parents! I cannot wait to hear that news on your blog when that happens. In the meantime I will make sure I say a prayer for you all!

Blessings,
Katie

Ashley said...

Praying that all works well!! ((HUGS))

ashley said...

Things will work out as they should. It's so easy though to worry about all the "what-if's". I'm sure soon you will be adding bump pictures to your collection. Keep praying.

Jessica said...

I took a pre-pregnancy picture too...a year ago!! I can't believe it has been that long. I hope IVF works for you and you get to experience the blessing of pregnancy.

Jill said...

I took a picture like that, right before my trigger shot on my 1st IUI. I just deleted it off of my camera last week because I figured it wasn't something I wanted to hold onto for now. I'll just start with 4 weeks when I get a bfp... whenever that is! :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get pregnant with IVF! It's so hard to stay positive after so many months without success, but I think you're doing a great job! I am pulling for you!

Courtney said...

I know that God has great plans for you and your husband to be parents and I really hope that this first IVF cycle works! I will keep praying for you.

twondra said...

I did one of those pics, too...just "knowing" I would get pregnant soon. It's so hard.

Anonymous said...

OK, that picture breaks my heart because you have a fantastic body and I realize what a slob I am, ha!

In all seriousness, I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Keep the faith right now -- I have a great feeling that IVF will work for you. If not, you have a plan B, but plan A deserves to be your main focus right now :)

Hang in there, kiddo, you can do it!!

sweetpeanme said...

We were all so naive...wasn't it great...its so hard for me to think back too...the first time we made love after I didn't take my birth control pill. I really thought we were making a baby!! *sigh*
Praying for you!

Good job on the weight!!! I need to do that too...I hear the shots make you gain weight...and I also hear pregnancy does too *wink*

StylinMom said...

just stopped by via Heart Cries....I am praying for you...I really hope everything works out for you!

m :)