Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Official IVFers

We are officially moving forward with IVF! After lots of discussion, planning and prayers we made our decision. It was already made in our hearts. We knew that we wanted to do everything possible to create a miracle before moving forward with adoption. We just couldn't feel at peace with adoption until going through the last fertility treatment available: IVF. We are excited and hopeful again. It almost feels like the first month of trying. I feel like our chances are high and we have no reason to think probably won't work. Instead we have reason to think it probably will work. Just what we thought when we first started trying!

I am happily having daydreams about babies again. They are welcomed with happiness instead of unwelcomed with sadness. It's so exciting to know that we might have a miracle or two in our arms this time next year. And yes, they are transferring two embryos. So twins are a possibility at 20% - 30%.

I'm on CD 30. I started the usual light spotting and minor cramps two days ago. AF is on her way. She will be here soon. Sad, right? I really had hope that this might be the month and we wouldn't have to move forward with IVF. But I guess it's just not in His plan. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully she's arrive tonight and we can get this party started.

16 comments:

Just Believing said...

That's super exciting! Best of luck with every thin and I look forward to all the updates...we are pursuing adoption and still have IVF in our heads and hearts so only time will tell!

Anonymous said...

happy for you! my friends that have done IVF said the other great thing about it is that once your start injections, your cycle moves so quickly and it gives you stuff to think about instead of thinking, when should we BD and when will i O, etc. GLGLGL!

ashley said...

I'm happy that you have some spunk back in your step. I hope your first cycle is your and your last and that you're blessed with the baby(s) you deserve!

Melinda said...

I love the excitement in your voice!! I'll be praying this month and will be checking for updates often!!

Melinda

Triumph in Learning said...

I'm so Excited for you!!! And so Glad to hear it:) Praying for you!!
following you all the way!! Come on AF!!

Hugs,
Hannah

Jill said...

How exciting! GOOD LUCK! Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

Straubles said...

Yay! Before you know it you'll be waiting on the 2ww---it flies by! Best of luck with your cycle. And fingers crossed for twins! :-) we hoped for them with our last cycle--but one baby girl is just fine with us! Maybe next time!

Jill said...

Well, I'm excited that you are moving forward with your process!

Bethany Lenhart said...

That feeling of excitement and hope must be wonderful. So happy for you!

Kelli said...

How exciting!! Welcome to the world of IVF!

Courtney said...

What exciting news. I appriciate the way you put that, you feel hopeful again. I couldn't formulate the words before, but I feel the same way. IVF is like trying for the first time all over again.
Good Luck!

Once Upon A Time said...

Your positivity about IVF is catching! Thanks for reminding me to be excited, not just scared. Do you know about when your ER/ET will be?

Once Upon A Time said...

I am estimating ours will be the last week in June, maybe a little later. I'm not going to be on BC though- so, it is a little more up in the air. So right before yours!

http://theheirtoblair.com said...

Wonderful!!! GL & prayers are being said!!

I'm so thrilled at your excitement & fresh outlook on it -- life blows sometimes, but even in the hardest times, it gives us a chance to minister & touch others in ways we never imagined. I know that's part of the plan for you & your future miracle -- you'll be a story of hope for someone out there, & I promise you, it will be worth it in the end.

love you, love you, love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I really feel like this is going to be a great move for you guys. I will keep praying for you during this exciting time.

PS I left some love for you over on my blog!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! That's such a big decision. I know a few people who have gone through IVF and been very successful! Best of luck to you & your hubby.