Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Protocol for IVF

We received our protocol for our upcoming IVF cycle. It arrived in the mail this afternoon. It includes pages (tons on pages) of information that we've got to initial and sign with a notary public. It's due back with our full payment on June 1st. Exciting?!?!

Menses: May 19th
1st OCP (Desogen): May 22nd
Trial Transfer, SonoHSG and Ultrasound: June 3rd
Start Lupron: June 7th
Last OCP: June 11th (I will have taken 21 active pills)
Lab, Ultrasound and Medication Instructions: June 18th
Day 1 of Stim and DH Start Doxycycline: June 19th
Day 2 of Stim: June 20th
Day 3 of Stim: June 21st (my 25th birthday)
Day 4 of Stim/Labs: June 22nd

Day 1 - 3 of Stim include: Low Dose HCG (with Lupron) 10 units between 6:00 & 9:00 AM, Follistim 250 units between 4:00 & 7:00 PM

Tentative Dates:
Retrieval: June 30th
Transfer: July 3rd (day 3) or July 5th (day 5)
48 hours of bed rest around transfer recommended

I still don't understand it all but I'm just going to take it one day at a time. I'm going to start by making a to-do list for next week: pay for meds and confirm date of shipment, initial and sign paperwork with a notary public, send paperwork and full payment to RE. I think we can handle it, don't you?

15 comments:

jill said...

i don't know you guys, but i've been following your story for a while. saying lots of prayers for you in texas!

ashley said...

You're going to be just fine. I'm glad you finally got a schedule and are well on your way to getting a baby! Good luck!

Ashley said...

You can do it!! I'm praying that all goes well!!

Courtney said...

You are on your way!! Sooo exciting! Your transfer date will be here before you know it!!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! It's definitely a LOT to take in, but I know you'll do great!

sweetpeanme said...

We are definitley IVF buddies...how exciting!! I just started BC last night...it sure is a weird feeling...every fiber of my being tells me DON'T TAKE THAT PILL ARE YOU CRAZY??!!! :o)
Thanks for posting the timeline...I hope they give me one like that too...since I'm a couple days behind you I just might be transfering on or near my 4 year anniversary!! That's kinda fun! :o) Keep posting!!!!!!!!!

admin said...

Keep smiling (or try too)

http://999reasonstolaughatinfertility.blogspot.com/

Triumph in Learning said...

yay!!! your on your way!!!

sweetpeanme said...

I never know how to answer people's questions...do I answer on their last post? On my own comments? On my blog? :o) Guess I'll answer here today!

As far as I know we are not doing any of those things...is the SonoHSG the same as the HSG...I had that done about a year ago with another doctor and this new doctor said he didn't want to do it again...

It sounds like I just take the BC and then soon the fun will begin...but my hubby has to get his blood drawn and I have to get my pap before they can actually start the process...so hopefully we get all that info in quick so we don't hold anything up!!!

Being preggo buddies would be WAY COOLER than just IVF buddies...its a deal!!! :o)

Courtney said...

How exciting! Are you guys cycling with other patients in the clinic? I found out there were about 25 other women on the same cycle as me. Now I'm wondering how many of them got BFP's and BFN's. Still waiting for my answer, but I'm excited you guys are moving forward!

Allison said...

Good luck! I'll be praying for you! You can do this!!

Once Upon A Time said...

That is so exciting! Being a planner, I wish I have already gotten a detailed protocol. I think without being on bcp, I won't know quite as much as you in advance- but I do start Lurpon 3 days before you... so we'll be right on track together. And what a great 4th of July memory you will have when you get that beta #. :)

Anonymous said...

You're doing GREAT. I remember feeling so overwhelmed, but it really just alllll comes together. Your nurse(s) will keep you right on track and tell you exactly what to do and when. I am SO excited for you.

You know you can ask me anything!

Oh, and the sono is diff than the HSG. SO much easier. Felt like a pap. Easy, peasy!

Mrs. Hammer said...

How exciting! We are only going to be a couple of days off schedule of each other. I'm a bundle of excitement and nerves so I know exactly how you feel right now!!

JackieMac said...

Good Luck - Hoping and praying everything goes well for you and that you get your BFP!!!