Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Books on IVF

I went to Barnes and Noble this morning. I have two favorite sections in this store: the "pregnancy and baby" section and the "books for babies and children" section. Today my mission was to find a couple books about IVF and/or adoption. I knew I had to go to the "diseases" section to find books about infertility. But before finding that section I had to check out the "pregnancy and baby" section. I was in heaven, as always! I browsed through a few pregnancy books and then found some adoption books. I didn't find any adoption books that I wanted to purchase. So on to the "diseases" section! They didn't have many books at all. Just one on PCOS, maybe one called Taking Charge of Your Fertility and one called Conception Chronicles. I wasn't impressed and left Barnes and Noble empty handed.

Here's my question. Do you recommend any books on IVF? I'm going to order a couple online in the next couple weeks.

Thank you!

9 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

Navigating the Land of IF: just came out this week.
http://thelandofif.blogspot.com/

I like The Infertility Cure and IVF and Ever After (better for after a successful IVF). I look forward to seeing what other people share.

Jessica said...

I got you comment..thanks!! Now to answer your question for the hysteroscopy I had to get an IV (my 1st), and they put me totally to sleep. I was very anxious but it was not bad. I think the anticipation was the worst part. The IV didn't hurt and when I got into the surgery room I put my feet up in the stirrups and they put me right to sleep. I was done in 15 minutes and woke up in the recovery room with my husband by my side. I had mild cramps for the rest of the day and spotted for two days and that was it. In my opinion the HSG hurt way more than the hysteroscopy, because I was awake for the HSG. You have nothing to worry about...I hope it goes well!!

Jill said...

A Couple's Guide to In-Vitro Fertilization is a fantastic resource. It goes through everything from the physical to the financial and emotional. It even has a section on questions to ask the doc if an IVF round fails -- God-willing, you will NOT need this section, but I was so glad to have it when our first cycle didn't work. It also talks about FET. GOOD LUCK!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

I read "The Couples Guide to Invitro Fertilization" which was written by an regular woman who went through IVF. I also read "Conception Misconceptions" which goes through a bunch of different fertility treatments but has a large section on IVF treatment. It's written by doctors who have worked in IF.

Once Upon A Time said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once Upon A Time said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog... if everything goes as planned we'll do the retrieval/transfer end of June/beginning of July. My plan was to start as soon as school ended. Now I'm afraid that cycle-wise it is cutting too close and I may have to miss the last day of school! I am not on BC so the timing is a little more up in the air.

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you found my blog and thanks for your sweet comments! I have now added your blog to my list too! I will be praying for you and your husband and I'm so glad that you were able to get an appt. on May 11th...that's just around the corner! Our next appointment with the male-factor infertility urologist is on May 13th and we're hoping to get some answers at that appt. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question about books, but I'm interested to see everyone's suggestions as well.

Tori said...

Hey, can I just say that I totally feel you on the looking at Barnes and Nobles for books! I was there today looking for books on adoption... 2 in parenting, and 2 in the kids books (also, being a teacher, I also love the children's book section, especially at b&n)
I will totally sell you the two IVF books that I have as soon as we talk to the doc and get our adoption confirmation :D
They are both really good. email me if you are interested :D
vnradcliffe@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your help on me adding to the side of my blog! Your directions worked great! I can now continue to transfer my old blog over to this new blog!Also thank you for blogging. I always look forward to coming home from work and reading everyones blogs. It's a great way to end a long day! I'm hoping we don't have much more of a TTC journey however, I sure hope you are able to follow! It's so great to be apart of such a wonderful support system! I've never met any one personally however there are so many of you whom I feel such a connection with just through blogging. Again, thank you for the directions and also for being so prompt with your reply! Good luck in your TTC Journey! I will defiantly be staying tuned! :o)
J