Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cancellation Appointment

Guess what? Someone I know is expecting twins! I found out through a text message during lunch. At first I was really excited and then I felt sick to my stomach. I thought about my last IUI. I had two perfect eggs. Why weren't they fertilized? Why us? Why do we have to wait so long for something we want so badly? I could be pregnant with twins right now.

My day just crashed down on me. I felt angry. I was tired of waiting. I called my nurse to see if there were any cancellation appointments. She called and left two messages. The first said that my doctor was completely booked through May. The second was left three or four minutes later. It said "I've got you an appointment on May 11th at 11 AM! Please call me back as soon as possible. I don't someone else to grab it!" Of course I called her back right away. We got the appointment.

So 12 days and counting!!!

8 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

WOW! That is awesome you got an appointment. I'm so sorry that the news that first made you happy then made you so sad because of your current situation. *HUGS* Praying this next cycle works! Are you going to do IUI or IVF?

Katie said...

I'm so glad you got an appointment and so quickly too! I know it is hard. I don't know how hard YET, but I can't imagine what it will feel like when you feel like you just want to quit. I'm so glad that you decided to try again this cycle or next. You never know ;) You may have twin news in a couple months!

ashley said...

I'm glad you took the appointment. Being infertile and hearing about someone's pregnancy is never never easy. Women I didn't even know used to tick me off when I saw their bulging bellies. It sucks and I'm sorry.

twondra said...

Glad you got that appointment! That's great news!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got an appointment! I know exactly how you feel, like you're being crushed by this. It is so frustrating to want something so badly and have absolutely no control over it. It sucks to hear about pregnancies. It's great for them, but another reminder of what you don't have. It's so hard. Just know that you are not alone in feeling this way!

sunflowerchilde said...

That's great you got an appointment. It sounds like another two week wait, though - ugh! Hopefully the time flies, and this next round goes perfectly for you.

Kelli said...

Great news!! Let the countdown begin!

Anonymous said...

I'm giving you a blog award! Check my blog for the details.