I have great news.
The HSG was a BREEZE! My uterus and tubes are perfectly normal. It was painless. It wasn't even that uncomfortable. I hardly felt anything. Maybe because I took the recommended 800 mg of Motrin? I don't know. I'm just glad it's over. If you are having a HSG, please don't lose sleep over it like I did. And don't read the horror stories online. I've been a nervous wreck all week for no reason.
The ultrasound revealed that I had one big follicle on my right ovary at 20. I had a 13 too but my nurse said they don't usually trust 12s and 13s. My left ovary didn't have any large follicles. My lining was at 8, and she said that was good. I had a LH blood test to see if I was "surging." We were told to do the trigger shot tonight at 10:30 PM. I'll have my IUI on Sunday at 9:30 AM. We're excited.
Ok, it's nap time! We had to get up at 4 AM to get ready, drive and arrive by 7:30 AM. It's been a long day.
Update - I started having cramps and light spotting a few hours after the procedure. This continued throughout the night, and even the next day.
Hello world!
2 years ago



2 comments:
How exciting! Good luck with your IUI! I'm so glad the HSG went well. Mine was over quickly, but I'm not going to lie -- it hurt. I'm glad that yours was pretty painless!
I took the Motrin as recommended and honestly, it was one of the worst experiences with pain I've ever had. I'm no stranger to pain, but I thought I was going to pass out it hurt so bad. I am so glad that yours went much better. Good luck with your IUI.
Post a Comment