Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Doppler Question

I've thought about renting a doppler online. I think it would be so neat to hear our baby's heartbeat each night. Any suggestions? If you've rented one before, what web site did you use? How soon could you hear the heartbeat? The web sites are saying 10 - 12 weeks so I'm curious. I'll be 11 weeks on Tuesday!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I rented a doppler while pregnant, I was able to hear her heart beat at 12 weeks. At first it was hard to find but once I figured out where to look I could find it within seconds. I highly recommend getting the doppler-its so amazing to hear the heart beat when ever you want and you can also here the baby move. Check out the following website (I ordered my doppler from here and had no problems)
www.babybeat.com

Unknown said...

I don't have one, but I was looking at some baby heart monitors on Amazon.com and there were some that you can buy with really good user ratings that are cheaper than renting a professional doppler. You might want to check them out before renting.

Jill said...

We also got ours from babybeat.com and LOVED it. We just got the basic model ($30 per month). We ended up keeping it until the baby was born because it was really soothing to me on days that Ava wasn't moving much later in pregnancy. We got ours right around 12 weeks and could always hear the hb, though at first it sometimes took quite awhile to find. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I rented one from Babybeats.com. I got it when I turned 10 weeks and could hear it right from the beginning (it took a little while to find it the first few times), so they're pretty sensitive. I just got the basic model, but it's been fantastic! I LOVE my doppler!

Anonymous said...

Just kidding, bellybeats.com.

Beth Anne said...

We LOVED ours. Every night when I got home from work, I checked his heartbeat. It was awesome just as a fun experience, but also helped those days where I wanted to freak out. I borrowed it from a friend, otherwise I would mail it down to you.

We used the Hi Bebe doppler:
http://www.hibebe.org/index.html

My only word of wisdom after you get one is that if you can't find the babe's heartbeat after a few minutes, PUT IT DOWN & go back about an hour later. Do not drive yourself bonkers into hysteria that you can't find it!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Never got one! I spent the money on something else. They're kind of expensive if you get a good one.

sweetpeanme said...

I've never heard of renting one!! That sounds soooo fun!!!! I'll be you'll be able to hear the heartbeat as soon as you get it!!!

Ashley said...

Hey!! I rented this one Stork Radio Fetal Doppler with Heartrate Display and 3 MgHz Probe. I prepaid for 6 months so it would be cheaper.

Kate said...

I'd probably just buy one off ebay. Some are only $100 or so. One of my blog buddies got the cheapie one from Asia (the most common model on ebay) and has found her baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks.
I've got access to one at the hospital I work at, but I'm going to try to only listen in once a week or so.

Katie said...

Hey! I could see the other baby and sac up to my 14 week US. After that I haven't seen her again. She finally "vanished". I don't know if she's just hidden since the baby is so so so much bigger now or what, but we can't see it!
And I have a doppler, absolute life saver! I didn't use it every day, just when I had this feeling I wanted to. Once I started feeling him move, I haven't used it since!
:D