Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Second Ultrasound


Jack and his brother or sister!

Today I went to my ob/gyn to have my "sneak" ultrasound. I haven't been released to her yet but she has always told me I could come by for an early sneak peak. Her ultrasound machine doesn't compare to my RE's. It's just not as clear and can't zoom in as close. I showed her my first ultrasound pictures and she said "Wow! I'm jealous of their machine!" Anyway, right away we saw both sacs. She was able to measure Baby A at 9.6 mm which measures around 7 weeks, I think. I was a little confused on how she came up with the weeks of my pregnancy. I think she based it on the first day of my last cycle. She couldn't measure Baby B because she could only see a yolk sac and gestational sac. She couldn't find a baby. She pretty much confirmed that we will be having one baby. We are sad for Baby B but what can we do? My ob/gyn said that since we've seen a heart beat everything is looking great BUT sometimes in twin pregnancies if you lose one baby your chances of losing the other baby increases. That really freaked me out. I'm sure DH wishes she wouldn't have told me that bit of information. Now I'll be worried until our next ultrasound.

Good news though! I heard the heart beat. It was really neat! Our baby's heart was beating at 161 bpm.

Our next and last ultrasound with my RE is next Saturday (not this Saturday). I'll be around 8 1/2 weeks.

16 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm sorry honey!! I know exactly how you feel. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers! ((HUGS))

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about Baby B. We lost our Baby B around 10/11 weeks. I will say that it did not impact our little girl one bit. Thinking of you -- (((HUGS))).

Once Upon A Time said...

I'm so sorry about your news. I'll be thinking about you a lot. I hope the wait for your next u/s goes by fast.

Kerri said...

Aww, I'm sorry about Baby B. I know that's hard news to swallow. I am so glad for Baby A's growth and healthy heartbeat though. I also wish that your doctor didn't mention that twin stat to you- there are plenty of people who lose one twin and go on to have one very healthy baby. I hate that you're going to have to worry until your next appointment now. I know it's still a little early to think about this, but you could rent a doppler. That gave me so much peace of mind in between appointments. Anyway, ((hugs)) and congrats on little baby A!

Jessica said...

I'm sorry you lost one of your babies. I can't imaginewhat that must feel like. Thinking of you...

Maddy said...

im sorry about that!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about Baby B, but so glad you heard a strong heart beat...best sound ever, right?

sweetpeanme said...

I'm glad that Baby A is going strong...praying for that little one!!!!

Love B&P said...

I'm sorry to hear about Baby B but so happy for you and Baby A!!

Try not to worry about what your OB said - Baby A's heartbeat is REALLY strong (at 161bpm)... congrats :)

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry about baby B! I've been following your blog for a while and I'm so happy about baby A! I really hope everything will turn out to be fine with baby A. And I agree with the previous comment, baby A's heart beat is very strong. :)

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear that one of the little peanuts didn't stick around, but thrilled that your other peanut is growing, growing, growing. Your u/s is beautiful!

Kate said...

I'm sorry about baby B too. My consolation thoughts to myself about one of my blasts not sticking around were that I won't get so big, so maybe the stretch marks won't be so bad, and the pregnancy will be lower-risk, which will probably be good for my sanity.
Baby A's heartbeat is bloody strong for about 7 weeks, so hopefully that's a good sign that it'll be sticking around for another 9 months!

Katie said...

I'm sorry about your news, but so happy for Baby A. Sorry she gave you that information. my Dr told me the exact opposite, that just because something happened to one twin did not in any way mean I would lose the other.

Hey you have Baby A and I have Baby B. :) They can be each other's twin ;)

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry to hear about Baby B, but I'm glad to hear the good news about Baby A - I'm praying for Baby A!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on Baby A & I'm so sorry for your loss on Baby B. I'll be praying that everything goes well for the duration of your pregnancy. I have a blog award waiting for you on my blog.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog hopping around. I am 27 weeks pregnant and love reading other preggo blogs. Can't wait to follow and I hope you and your little one grow healthy.