Josh and I went to my 37 week appointment yesterday afternoon. It was an uneventful appointment! I didn't get hooked up the monitors or anything. My doctor checked my cervix and said I was almost 2 cm dilated. So I haven't changed much since last Wednesday. Oh well! My doctor decided not to strip my membranes until next week or the next. We're okay with that decision. Stella needs to stay in as long as possible. It's what's best for her!
I feel like my cramps and contractions have slowed down a bit. It's nice to feel a little better throughout my days at work.
Lately I've been thinking about how exciting it will be see our little Stella. I can't wait to check out her little fingers and toes. I want to see her face and her whole little body. I know she will be beautiful. I know we'll be in LOVE with her. I can't wait!
Hello world!
2 years ago



4 comments:
So excited for you. The whole expereince is so surreal and the best. When they tell you its time to push...amazing, because you know soon you will see your little girl. When they lay her on your chest and you first look into her eyes....a miracle and instant love. Can't wait to hear the story of Stellas birth!
Can't believe its getting so close!! Amazing!!
Strange how your cramps/contractions are slowing down now that the end is approaching. I'm jealous that you're already at 2cm though!
Glad to hear you're waiting to strip the membranes till she's closer to 40 weeks. My hypnobirthing class didn't talk about the due date as such, just the birth month, so that you could consider a 4-5 week period to be the range of when you could expect the baby to be born, and not end up fixated on the one date and become impatient if it passes you by. Then they recommend avoiding anything induction-like in order to maximize your chances of an intervention- and pain-free birth. Aside from natural things like nipple stimulation and sex etc. :)
Glad she's doing well and that you're almost set to meet your daughter. Good luck! Hope it happens for both of us soon!
Are you counting down the days at work? You are almost there!!!
Post a Comment