Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

39 Weeks


39 Weeks!!!


Josh and I went to our 39 weeks appointment yesterday.  I'm now 3 cm!  My doctor did the "stretch and/or strip membranes" thing.  It was a little uncomfortable but not too bad.  Josh held my hand through the whole thing.  She told me I would have spotting but oh my gosh, I didn't realize how much.  I almost called her late last night because I was so concerned.  Josh reminded me that she said it was normal so I decided not to call.  I am still have a little bit of spotting today.  I called my doctor this afternoon.  She reassured me that it was normal.  I feel much better now.

Oh and guess what?  Yesterday was my last day at work!  I tried sleeping late this morning but had trouble.  My bestest friend Q came by to surprise me around lunch time.  She took me out to lunch to celebrate my first day off work.  It was such a nice treat.  Her precious daughter came with us.  She makes me so happy!  Afterwards we went to Target to walk around and shop.  We were hoping it would help Stella arrive sooner than later.  Unfortunately I only had a couple contractions while we were out and about today. 

Q and I fell in love with the fun spring dresses for infants at Target!  If you haven't checked them out, you must!  I'm not sure how we resisted.  I wanted to buy Stella one of each.

I've had a few contractions here and there.  Hopefully they will pick up soon and we can go to the hospital.  We can't wait!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I had spotting for about 4 or 5 days before I went into labor. Enjoy your last few days of being pregnant and I hope she comes out quickly and easily!

B said...

Stella seems to be snug in your belly!

Courtney said...

Yay! I can't wait for Stella to make her big debut!!!

Jill said...

It's sort of crazy to look at your header picture and your current picture to see how much you've changed! You still are one CUTE tiny pregnant mama and I love it! Stella has got to be happy and ready to meet her amazing mom!

Can't wait to hear how the next few days/weeks go.

Do you live on the water!?! That's cute a great location, wherever you are!

Blair@HeirtoBlair said...

You look GORGEOUS!

I have no tips since I never went into labor on my own. But you're doing fantastic!

Amanda said...

Hi, I just stumbled onto your blog. Hope you don't mind :)

You've got to be the most adorable pregnant woman I've ever seen. I hope you have a smooth and easy delivery. Good luck in the days ahead!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Not much longer at all! Blood and discharge after sweep = totally normal.

Melissa said...

My friend had her membranes stripped and she went into labor a day after that.
Here is to hoping your next post is announcing the arrival of Stella!!

Kate said...

You look great! Good luck with the delivery...

Once Upon A Time said...

You made it through all of school! I bet that feels good. I have a feeling Stella will be here very very soon!