Now that's I'm seven months pregnant, I'm officially wearing maternity clothes at all times. I started wearing maternity clothes around two to three months because I was excited about being pregnant and they just felt more comfortable. I started with maternity dresses. They are the best! I still wear the dresses I was wearing at two to three months. I can't imagine trying to wearing anything but maternity clothes. My regular clothes will NOT fit. My shirts and sweaters aren't long enough to cover my baby bump. I made the mistake of trying on a pair of my favorite jeans last week. Bad idea! They wouldn't zip and then of course, I started feeling like I had gained too much weight. Josh reminded me that I was seven months pregnant and I had a two and a half pound baby growing inside of me.
I am looking forward to losing my baby weight as soon as possible so I can be "one, hot momma" as Josh sings. But until that time comes I'll be wearing my favorite maternity clothes!
Here are a few must-haves you should consider if you are looking for some basics. I purchased most of these around two to three months. They still fit great but I've been told nothing will fit during that last month or so. We'll see though...
My ABSOLUTE Favorite Top
The
3/4 Sleeve Scoop Neck Side Ruched Maternity T Shirt from Motherhood Maternity. I've got a couple of these tops in fall colors. The store near my house just put out the new spring colors. I LOVE the ruched sides. They are very flattering. I wouldn't recommend the plain, cotton ruched T shirts from Motherhood. They aren't stretchy and do not fit as well. This style above, that I absolutely love, only comes in stripes.
My ALL TIME Favorite Jeans
The
Secret Fit Belly™ Super Stretch Boot Cut Maternity Jeans by Motherhood Maternity. I love these jeans. I could wear them every day. I'm a huge fan of the Secret Fit Belly band. I folded it down during the first few months, almost like a Bella Band. Now I wear it all the way up and it's very comfortable.
My Favorite Dress Pants
Dresses, Dresses, and More Dresses
Any and all maternity dresses from Old Navy and Motherhood Maternity. I prefer the cotton dresses. Motherhood Maternity has a clearance section in the back with designer brand mark downs. I've found some great deals on dresses.
My Pink Bella Band
I ordered a light pink
Bella Band by Ingrid and Isabel online. I can't remember what web site but I have LOVED it. I still wear it occasionally. I was able to wear a few of my regular pants in the beginning because of my Bella Band.
My Most Comfortable Gown
Any and all gowns by
Eileen West. You can find her gowns at Dillards, and I'm sure other department stores. My Mom introduced to me to her gowns. She gave me the same gown that Angelina Jolie wore in her photo shoot with Brad and their newborn twins.
She just gave me a new one for Christmas. They aren't maternity gowns but they have plenty of growing room. They are so soft and comfortable.
6 comments:
Wow, I feel like a slob now! I can rarely find pants long enough, so when I found two pairs of long maternity jeans at old navy, I grabbed them. And I have a couple non-jeans pants of theirs too (from some sale, of course), but the legs aren't as long, and the grey ones I like keep slipping off my hips and butt. If I acutally had a real butt, I'd be better off, I think.
I got a couple similar ruched long-sleeve shirts from target in the summer and love them most. Have a few thin Old Navy non-ruched ones to, but they're thin and quick to get holes. Not impressed.
Still just wear a large T-shirt to bed (to air things out so I don't get another yeast infection from the progesterone drips that I got earlier when I'd still wear underwear with the T-shirt. Now I sleep with my butt on a hand towel. It's very glamorous, let me tell you!
Otherwise, I'm either in leggings or sweatpants that I had to get in a large to have long enough legs, so there was some room to grow in the belly. Good thing I can go to work and change to scrubs!
great list!! I love your recommendations. I also love the belly band and those stripe shirts from Motherhood.
Blessings!
You'll be back in your regular clothes sooner than people make it out to seem! The trick is to keep the weight OFF after you give birth. Giving birth and breastfeeding make the lbs fall off fast. But not eating right and not exercising can put it right back on, which is what happened to me after DD#1 was born.
I like a similar jean by Motherhood Maternity except they were flared and the band on it was nude colors instead of blue. I wore those puppies out! LOL!
I loved wearing dresses too. I felt so pretty in them!
LOVE that gown you have. Make sure to take similar pics as Brad and Angelina when little Stella comes..;)
That striped shirt is my favorite too!! I have two of them. They are super comfy. Thanks for the other clothing tips though - I didn't know about those:)
Check out my blog I just gave you an award.
http://stoneyville-stumbull.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment