I am happy to say that my test results from yesterday are NEGATIVE! If the results are negative there is a 97% chance that I will NOT go into preterm labor for the next two weeks. Josh and I felt a huge relief when we heard the news. We were also reassured that everything was okay after our appointment yesterday. My doctor checked my cervix and she did an ultrasound on my cervix. She said it felt and looked perfect for 24 weeks. We are so thankful. I'm back at work but taking it super easy. My doctor did give me a new, stronger medicine to take for contractions. It's called Terbutaline. She prescribed the 5 mg pill. It lasts for four hours. She said I can start by taking half a pill when I start to feel contractions. Last night I had a couple contractions within 15 minutes. I took half a pill and didn't wake up with any more contractions last night. So far it works and I'll only be taking it as needed.
Hello world!
2 years ago



9 comments:
So thankful for your negative test result! Hopefully that will put your mind as ease. Terbutaline is what the Dr gave me when I started contracting. It gave me the shakes, but it did stop the contractions! Now if I can make it one more week, the Dr WON'T stop by contractions! Yea! Funny how perspectives change :-)
Wow, this is so so scary =(
I'm praying for you!
Awesome news! Still praying for you!
So glad it was negative! Terbutaline is what they gave me- don't worry if it makes you feel really lightheaded or shaky, that's a very common side effect.
And, that's really the go-to medicine they are giving now for pre-term labor even though it is a breathing medication. The benefits far outweigh any risks if you were to go into preterm labor at this stage.
Great news!! The last thing you need is another "bump" in the road. Youre getting close. :)
Did the Terb make you sick???? It made me so incredibly sick, but it may have been a lot more (shot in the shoulder). I'm glad it worked though!!!!! Glad the fFN came back negative! You're getting close!
Glad the test results were negative!
It still sounds a little touch-and-go though? I'm praying for you!! Praying for a smooth rest of your pregnancy.
Im so glad I came across your blog--I love it! I will be praying for you and that sweet baby!
Post a Comment