Josh and I went to Savannah on Saturday night for dinner. We decided to stop at Barnes and Noble on our way home. Paula Deen and her two sons were there signing books. I guess it was a nice treat to see a few celebrities. I'm not a huge Paula fan but I do love southern cooking! Josh headed to the Starbucks section of Barnes and Noble and I headed to the pregnancy/baby section. I picked up a couple books that friends have recommended as MUST HAVES...real world friends and blog friends. So thank you! A couple friends said they wished they had read these books before bringing baby home instead of waiting a few months after birth. Josh listened as a I read the first chapter of Dr. Harvey Karp's book aloud on our way home. And it's interesting the 5 S's: swaddle, and um, I can't remember the rest. But anyway, it's supposed to give you "the happiest baby on the block!" Haha! We'll see one day, won't we?
If you have any other recommendations on good books, please send them my way. I enjoying reading about my future!
Oh, and one more thing, we had an appointment this afternoon. We were able to hear the heartbeat which was in the 160s. Our baby is doing very well. Our next appointment is in about 3 weeks!



5 comments:
Just a tip, my baby HATED having her arms swaddled. She just screamed. But if we swaddled her under her armpits and that worked great!
I watched the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD last week....wow that guy can calm a baby really fast! I am def. going to be swaddling!
We loved reading HBOTB & watching the DVD...we'll see if it works for HJ!
I've also heard raves about Baby 411, which is from the same folks that write Baby Bargains (a must-have for registering so you don't go crazy!).
I have both of those books. B was not a huge fan of swaddling.
We used the Baby Bargains book. I know I don't "know" you, but if you'd like, I will mail it to you as we no longer need it!
I also enjoyed reading Baby 411, Your Pg week by week and Your baby week by week (first year).
I also have the AAP's massive book re: the first 5 years - I reference that for illness/fever/etc.
Oh and if you plan on breastfeeding, another good book is So That's What They're For - I really enjoyed reading it.
HBOTB is AMAZING i was like trying not to get caught up in the hype but it is a miracle for us seriously a miracle
also a new on DVD is dungstun baby language about learning to read your baby's crys its really good so far!
baby whisperer i heard is like baby wise so i would just research stuff i heard ( but don't know) thats its a cry it out method ... i got a " your baby week by week" and thats awesome too cuz it helps me with what to expect :)
Post a Comment