I've never had a problem with any of the shots I've taken for fertility treatments. They have never really hurt. But OMG, PIO shots hurt! I'm reminded of them every minute of every day because I'm sooo sore...like seriously sore! I feel it when I bend down, sit down, walk up stairs and sometimes when I just walk. We've done the ice thing and that definately helps with the needle, but what helps with the soreness?
Not only does the soreness remind me of the PIO shots, but it also reminds me of what we have to do to get pregnant. It's just not fair!
Hello world!
2 years ago



4 comments:
I've intermittently followed your blog, but never commented. It does get better, I thik your skin toughens up! A heating pad on the area after the shot helps not only distribute the oil but alsoe helps with soreness.
So sorry! Here's what our routine was with the PIO shots: ice area for 5-10 minutes prior to shot, while I iced my husband would run the vial under warm water to loosen up the oil (don't run it under hot water, though), make sure you're putting weight on the opposite foot and leg from the side where you're getting the shot, have your hubby massage the area for at least 5 minutes after the shot to help distribute the oil (this part REALLY helped). Good luck! I hope they get easier for you. :-)
I went to walmart and bought thinner needles! I put the oil in my bra to warm it up, it made it thinner and able to push through the smaller needle. it was a piece of cake!
PIO shots were my personal hell. I found that it affects people differently once I read a little about it on different blogs. So don't feel badly if some people say they are easy! No ice, heating pad, massage would help make it feel better for me. I would cry every time because of the shooting, burning pain. I've still got leftover lumps from the PIO that I'm guessing will be with me for the rest of my life. My battlewounds, maybe? Good luck with the remaining PIO shots. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment