So I was determined to make my shot painless this morning. I took one of Stella's boo boo ice packs and placed it under the waist line of my shorts. I left it there for 20 minutes, and actually kinda forgot about it. I took the ice pack off right before Josh gave me the shot. We both died laughing because my skin was hard, like you could knock on it. LOL! He gave me the shot and for the first time ever I didn't feel a thing. I was like, YAY, the ice pack worked.
Well, this afternoon I noticed that the injection spot was itching, like really bad. So I felt and it felt hot and puffy. OMG! I have a perfect, bright red, puffy rectangle on my upper back side!!! It looks scary because I don't have a tan this summer. So it's really stands out. I freaked out and started googling ice pack burns, and here's what I found...
"Burns to the skin are usually associated with heat, but severe cold can damage your skin in a similar way. If you have ever used an ice pack to treat muscle strains or sprains, avoid direct exposure of the ice pack on your skin. The freezing temperatures of a cold pack directly on your skin can produce localized areas of tissue damage called ice pack burn, or frostbite. Prevent ice pack burns by placing a towel or cloth between your skin and the ice pack
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/122286-treatments-ice-pack-burn/#ixzz1QFCexkwU
Crazy, huh? So don't ever make the mistake I made this morning. LOL!
Hello world!
2 years ago



4 comments:
At least your shot was painless! lol
Oh no!!!! You just can't win with those suckers:(
Ouch! Is it healing okay? I wonder if that's the first frostbite gained from IVF...? Probably not, there are all those frozen embryos to contend with! Keep trying to ease the soreness. I wish I had some magic for you!
Oh my goodness!! Hope you feel okay..so sorry to hear about your "frostbite," haha. That is funny!
Post a Comment