We started in the bottle aisle which was not a good idea. There are too many bottles out there and they all claim to be the best. I want to breastfeed so hopefully we won't be using many bottles but these really impressed us. There are called Natural Nursers by Adiri. They are supposed to mimic breastfeeding.
I thought my research had prepared me but it hadn't. Registering was overwhelming and exhausting! There's just so much out there. I know we don't need it all so I would LOVE for you to share what we really need. If you have a few must have baby items, please share!



9 comments:
Okay weird...DH and I went to Babies R Us yesterday and totally parked in the same spot...and I was so bummed I didn't have my camera cuz I wanted to get my pic with that sign!! You totally beat me to it!! LOL
How fun to start registering!! ;o)
I just took a pic of an expectant mother's sign too! Isn't it exciting that WE can park there too?! Hope you didn't get too overwhelmed registering. We STILL have to do it!!
Have you read Baby Bargains yet? It is a really, really good source of information on all the baby stuff out there - what you need, what works, etc., all based on comments from parents. I am almost done with it and am definitely going to take it with me when I go to register.
Registering was an EVENT for us. I seriously needed a nap & a martini afterwards.
I'm planning on writing a quick little bit on this, but only a week into it...I can say that my favorites so far are Carter's flannel blankets (perfect for swaddling), the Fisher Price My Little Lamb swing, & the Boppy. Oh, & my pack n' play with the changer & the bassinet. He also LOVES his Wubbanub soothie paci -- he can grab the little puppy at the end, plus the weight keeps the paci in his mouth so my finger doesn't have to be glued to it!
Those bottles look great, I wish they were available here.
Awww, so exciting! Here are the things that we really could not have lived without:
- swing (that plugs in!)
- swaddle-me blankets
- battery-powered nasal aspirator
- lots of burp cloths and bibs (we used cloth diapers as burp clothes -- they are so absorbent and cheap!)
- boppy
I actually have a registry spreadsheet that I made and give to friends. It is ridiculously detailed (I am a major nerd), but I'm happy to send it to you if you'd like! Just send me an e-mail -- jillrock96 (at) verizon (dot) net.
That's so exciting! Those bottles look really neat!
My must have baby item was a Chicco relaxing chair. Used it so much.
I remember feeling the same way about stork parking:) Try not to get too overwhelmed with registering, there is so much to choose from! I have a couple posts on my blog, you should check them out. I polled a lot of my mommy friends and got great information from them. I tried using that bottle as well and my little one had a hard time with it. I am still nursing and he does much better with the Platex drop ins.
Post a Comment