Josh and I went to my 36 week appointment this afternoon. We were shocked to find out that I'm 80% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated and our little Stella is engaged! My doctor asked if she could "strip my membranes." We said we weren't sure and she responded with "Let's just wait until next week!" She said "stripping membranes" moves things along. She seems to think Stella will be here soon. She feels certain Stella will arrive before her due date.
I AM SO EXCITED!
JOSH IS SO NERVOUS!
I had a feeling things were progressing. I've been having lots of menstrual like cramps this week. They are extremely low. I've also been having stomach pains too. They are all over. I'm still having contractions but they are irregular. My doctor hooked me up to the monitors this afternoon. I had a few contractions while I was there. Isn't all this exciting?
I'm surprised I feel so relaxed and ready. I'm surprised Josh is so nervous. Maybe I'm relaxed because everything is ready to go at work and at home. Maybe Josh is nervous because he thought we still had four weeks left. I've reminded Josh that everything is ready to go and we will be just fine if she comes a little early!
I'm ready for the challenge of giving birth. I'm ready to hold Stella for the first time. I can't wait to bring her home.



16 comments:
And I can't wait to hit the road to come meet her! What exciting news girl! I know you can't wait!
How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of y'all holding little Stella!
Wow, I cannot believe your doctor said that at 36 weeks pregnant! They really shouldn't sweep the membranes until 39 weeks +. Even full term babies born before they're ready can have problems. Unless you have a medical reason to induce I would hold off on that! Probably my unpopular 2 cents but I care about your baby and you!!!
So exciting!! Thats great that your up for the labor challenge...your attitude was the same as mine. It is an amazing experience and very surreal.
My friend had her membranes stripped at 38 weeks and 2 days later she had the baby.
That's about how DH and I are both feeling - me excited, him nervous and wishing for a little more time.
Personally, I won't let them strip my membranes till I'm past 40 weeks (if I get that far). I don't want her to arrive before she's good and ready. And one of the girls I work with said that the membrane stripping was the most painful thing she's ever undergone. Doesn't sound like fun to me!
Super exciting! Your birth story is only a few posts away! I can't wait to hear all about it and see little Stella!
I'm so excited to hear about the birth and to see all the pictures of Stella. Try to post often after she arrives......don't leave us hangin girl.
Cindie
Won't be long now!! Its all so exciting! Labor and delivery is such an amazing experience and you'll do great! I wasn't nervous either...just really excited!
This is so exciting! I love how calm you are and how stressed your husband is... that's so cute!
That is so exciting. I have a question, are you still teaching? I'm trying to figure out when to go on maternity leave. I've got quite a bit of time ahead of me (I'm only 30 weeks) but these days are getting harder and harder to get out of bed because I'm starting to sleep so poorly. Just curious. If you're this ready to pop at 36 weeks, I don't imagine you'll be working much longer! Well congrats and I hope Stella comes soon and saftely!
Yay! I know you must be SO excited! I can't wait to see pictures of Stella!
So exciting! I can't wait to see what she looks like!
That is so exciting! :) I can't wait to see what she looks like and hear your birth story, if you choose to share that with us! :) Best of luck with the labor and bringing your little angel into the world.
Hey there! Congrats on being dilated already! I never progressed at all so that is big news at 36 weeks! I know you are ready to meet her.
I have a Canon Rebel T1i camera; it is a digital SLR. I do not shoot with a flash though, unless it is absolutely necessary (outside at night time is usually the only time.) What I usually do is adjust my ISO (the ISO setting on your camera) to a fairly high number (1600,3200) if my lighting is not that great, because that will make even a dark room light up! I had to use a lot of trial and error and read my camera manual backwards and forwards, but after figuring it all out I probably won't ever shoot with a flash again (inside the house.)
As for the Target diapers, I wish I'd known about them when M.E. was a baby so I could have tried them. I LOVED the Pamper's Swaddlers though; to me, you can't beat those! They are so soft. But now that she is bigger I think the Target ones are just as good as the Pampers. Every baby is different though but it sure helps to save money if you can buy the Target ones! Ha!
Hope that helps. And I'd be glad to answer camera questions in more detail if you need me to!
WOW!!! That is some exciting news!!! Go Stella Go!!! Can't wait to hear about the BIG DAY!!! (can't believe it could be within this week...ahhh!!) :o)
Hi! I just stumbled across your blog and not really sure how I got here. I read the first couple of posts and wanted to first say CONGRATS! Your life is about to change forever for the better!!!
I have a 14 month old princess at my house! Rotten, and your's will be, too, I can tell. I wanted to tell you that I am sucker for smocked dresses. They are my weakness with Bailey and I've been able to find all of her's on Ebay for pretty decent prices. They have ranged from $20 all to $50 but I really really REALLY wanted the one I paid $50 for and didn't mind paying that. So check out Ebay before you decide you can't get too many of them. If and when I decide to get rid of any of our's I will let you know, though. The smallest one we have is one for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall with the scarecrow and pumpkins on it. Then we have a Christmas one, an Easter one, a farm one, and Old McDonald one, oh and a Mississippi State one! ha!
Anyway, I love the dress you have chosen to bring her home in. So pretty and she will be just a little beauty in it.
Good luck with everything and may this be the time of your life!!!
Post a Comment