Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

All Things Pink


I decorated a pink feathered wreath for Stella's hospital door and her nursery door at home.  My Mom or sister found this Easter wreath at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  They pulled off the eggs and used the wreath at my shower.  I added a bow and some curls left over from my gifts.  I added the pin "It's a Girl!" that I wore at  my shower.  Didn't it turn out cute?  I love it!


I wanted Stella to have a precious pink dress and bonnet to wear home from the hospital.  I love smocked dresses!  I picked this one out with Josh.  He really didn't mind which one we picked out.  He couldn't get over the prices of smocked dresses.  Thankfully we hit Belk during their baby sale and all dresses were 40% off.  It's her first and only smocked dress.  I wish I could buy her a smocked dress for every occasion but they just so pricey.   So anyway, Stella's going to wear it home from the hospital with her matching bonnet.  I can't wait to see her in it!


I decided to get creative last weekend.  I used some left over ribbon to make a couple bows.  I sewed the bows on these Gerber caps.  Now the caps are super cute!

8 comments:

Holly said...

I love smocked dresses, too!! I love traditional baby clothes - john-johns, bubbles, smocked things, etc. :)

Unknown said...

I love the dress! She will be so cute!

Have you gotten your Bravado nursing bras? I am thinking about ordering the same two that you ordered.

Thanks for the help!

Shannon Dew said...

Everything is so cute! I love the sweet little dress, perfect for a homecoming! Great job making plain old hats look SUPER cute!

Stacey said...

Your wreath looks great. And I love the dress, it is so adorable! I've found a few smocked dresses at consignment and resale shops. If you have some in your area you may want to check them out. I found a cute pink one the other day for only $12 with the tags still on it!

jenn said...

what a cute dress!
and you are too crafty!
i wish i had half your talent!

Shelly Powers said...

ilove smocked dresses too... just a little hint you can find some great smocked dresses especially for little ones on ebay... even if they are not brand new there are plenty of them out there in great shape and for a great price... and babies usually only wear them a few times before they outgrow them... congrats!

Anonymous said...

those little caps are too cute!!
can't wait to meet little stella!

McKinney Madness said...

I found your blog off of Haley Morgan's, and just wanted to tell you that those baby caps with the bows you made are ADORABLE! You should sell some on Etsy! Congrats on the pregnancy!