
Wow! I still can't believe we've been to a fertility center. It was a great experience! We feel so much better about this roller coaster we've been on the last few months. Our doctor and his staff really impressed us. We received good news: sperm, uterus, ovaries and eggs are all in perfect condition. The doctor believes we are going to be placed in the Unexplained Infertility category. So here's our plan: have an HSG and do a Letrozole/FSH (300 IU) IUI cycle with 2 ultrasounds, HCG, LH and Prometrium. And, if all gets accepted by our insurance, we'll get started next month! We are really excited. I'm trying not to think about the actual procedures because they totally freak me out, esp. the HSG. I think I'll be ok with the needles though.
Please share any comments on our plan. I'm open to hearing about what we should expect!
Interesting tidbits we learned:
One out of six couples struggle with infertility.
A healthy couple has a 25% chance of conceiving (each month) during the first six months of trying. After that sixth month, the chance of conceiving moves to 5%. Why? I guess because something just isn't right.
Hello world!
2 years ago



4 comments:
I'm so intrigued. Our next step is to visit the RE - I have to reschedule my appointment. I'm so happy for you that you have a plan, and a bit envious too. :) We're working on it. I'm still in the "let's try one more month before we go to the doctor - it's gotta happen" mode. But I know it's less and less likely to happen on its own. I'll be praying for you, and checking back for happy updates! :)
I e-mailed you earlier :)
It sounds good! You will do fine with the protocol! I've used every fertility med on the planet, so feel free to shoot me any questions.
i was floored by the "normal couple" percent, too.
seems like everyone i know gets pregnant with no problem. except me, of course.
Hey girl :)
I'm soooo behind with blogs, but I'm glad I read my comments today and saw yours...I had no idea you changed domains!
HSG advice..mine was technically a sonohysterogram, which is a little different - just saline, no dye. This is what I referred to for advice: http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2006/07/hsg-hysterosalpingogram.html
In case the link cuts off, it's under "Operation Heads Up" on Mel's site, which you'll see on the left side bar, then look for HSG.
Do take the antibiotics they give you beforehand in a timely manner, and definitely take some painkiller too. Is it worse than a pap? Well, for me, the hardest part was the speculum, so it's really not too bad...but again, I didn't have the dye, so I don't know how different my experience was from what yours will be.
Hope all goes well. :)
Post a Comment