And why was I excited about taking a low dose of Clomid?
I'm sure Clomid affects each person differently. For me, a low dose of 50 mg, taken on cycle days 5 through 9, was not fun. Oh my gosh, I had the worse headaches ever. Other side effects I experienced on days 5 through 9 were chills, body aches, a sore throat (thought I had strep), and sleeping issues. I couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep. After I took my last pill I didn't really experience any more of those side effects. Cramping, sharp twinges, and some heavy pressure occurred on days 15 through 18. I was hoping these were due to possible ovulation. By the way, I was trying to pinpoint my ovulation with an ovulation predictor kit. I got a positive result on day 17 of my cycle.
My husband and I have decided that if Clomid doesn't work this month, we aren't going to try it again next month. The side effects were too severe. I also felt irritable and easily lost my patience. But hopefully Clomid worked it's magic this month!
This afternoon I went in for a blood test (day 20) to see if it worked. I should know the results by Monday or Tuesday. Say a little prayer!
Update: This first cycle on Clomid (50 mg/cycle days 5-9) made me ovulate. I didn't get pregnant though. I just started my second cycle on Clomid (50 mg/cycle days 5-9). I haven't had any side effects! The "side effects" listed above were actually symptoms of a virus I coincidentally had while taking Clomid.
Hello world!
2 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment