Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Second Ultrasound

I am sorry for the lack of updates.  All is wonderful!  Our second ultrasound went very well.  It was exactly two weeks after my first ultrasound.  The babies had grown so much.  They both measured 8 weeks and 5 days.  I thought I was 8 weeks and 0 days but I guess the babies decided to do a little extra growing. 

I've been tired.  I've also had a constant feeling of nausea.  But recently it's kinda went away.  I hope it stays away.  I felt great today!  My fertility doctor recommended taking 25 mg of Vitamin B 6 three times a day.  He also said to take Unisom at night.  Unisom is a sleep aid.  I thought that was a weird combination but he said that research shows the combination seems to knock out morning sickness.  I'm going to ask my OB about it tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't need it any more any way.

I have my first OB appointment tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to a new OB.  I'm very excited.  Her practice specializes in multiple pregnancies.  She actually had triplets last January.  She delivers in Savannah, GA at a hospital with a Level III NICU.  Hopefully our babies will not need to be in the NICU but just in case, it's there.

I'm very hopeful for a long, uneventful pregnancy, just like with Stella.  I'm anxious to get my due date on Tuesday, and talk twins with my OB.  I'll keep you posted.  Hopefully sooner than later!

Oh, and the subchorionic hematoma went away.  I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since that first and only episode around five week.  Thank God!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

That is so exciting! Good luck with everything. I'm expecting also, on March 27th (but just one)! I hope everyone continues to grow, and a long, uneventful pregnancy sounds great too!

Pam said...

Haven't commented in a while, but have been keeping up! So exciting and I know you'll are beyond excited! I will be looking forward to you updates and progress, so happy for you'll. Oh yeah, I'm finally going to be a grandmother, find out the sex August 25. Your friend in East Texas, Pam.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness I am still so beyond excited that it is twins for you guys. Sounds like they are perfectly on track and I hope you continue to feel great!

juliane2004 said...

Yay!!!

Nichole said...

So glad to hear that things are going so great! Hope that things continue to be boring as ever! :oP

Madeleine said...

Congrats! I'm sure there will be much researching in your future so here are some websites for you to look into:

http://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.com/index.html

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/twins-and-multiples/landing.aspx

http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/11-things-you-didnt-know-about-twin-pregnancies

http://expectingtwins.tripod.com/

http://www.freewebs.com/expectingtwins/

http://multiples.about.com/od/pregnancy/Pregnancy_with_Twins_Triplets_Multiples.htm

http://twinsandmultiples.com/youre-expecting-twins/


I hope these help!

Courtney said...

I was thinking about you and so I decided to come leave you a comment to say "Hi"! Holy cow, you're over 32 weeks along!! You are getting so close!!! I hope that you and those precious girls are doing well and that this has been a wonderful pregnancy for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your new, little miracles. :-)