Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

13 Weeks

My last appointment was very exciting because I got to hear BOTH heartbeats.  The first heartbeat she found was in the 150s.  The second heartbeat was in the 160s.  My OB said I was 13 weeks and 2 days but I thought I wasn't even 13 weeks.  She said that our fertility center faxed her more records and based on my last ultrasound at 8 weeks my due date had changed to March 14th.  I measured 5 days ahead at that ultrasound so maybe that's why they changed it, but only by 2 days?  Oh well!  At least we know our twins are due in March.

I'm feeling great these days!  It's wild how the morning sickness and the exhaustion just disappeared after 12 weeks.  Some days I do not even feel pregnant, and I'm like "Aren't I supposed to be exhausted?  I'm pregnant with twins!"  I'm enjoying these days because I'm sure at some point in the near future I will feel pregnant with twins 24/7.  My doctor reminded at my last appointment that I do not have any restrictions just because I'm pregnant with twins.  I'm assuming that could change in the future though.

I do have one complaint: sleep!  I'm waking A LOT throughout the night to go the bathroom or just turn.  I've have a bump and I'm reminded of it at night because I'm constantly turning from side to side to get comfortable.

My next appointment is 4 weeks away, well, October 3rd!  We will find out the sexes at the end of October.   And then I will not go back for another month.  Appointments will pick up after 24 weeks and I'll start going twice a month, and I'll have an ultrasound once a month.  Yay!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Looking good!
I don't think they should change your EDD based on the U/S. It's one thing to change the original EDD based on LMP for a patient having a first trimester U/S for dating. To me, it's a whole other ballgame when it's a FET and you KNOW with certainty when conception took place and that you were 5dpo when they were transferred. Your babies are just growing well and a little ahead of the curve.
Not that it all really matters anyhow, since they'll likely arrive by 36-38 weeks...

Jen said...

I'm so glad you posted an update! I'm a longtime follower - since before you were pregnant with your little girlie. I've been wondering how you were!

Sarah said...

Great news!! You look wonderful. Enjoy the 2nd tri energy boost. :)

Once Upon A Time said...

You look great! I agree that since you know the exact date of fertilization, the due date shouldn't be changed. Early on my two were measuring ahead based off of the u/s, and my date was never changed. I think you should post some belly shot photos comparing Stella's PG and now at the same point!

Sarah said...

PS there is an award for you over on my blog. :)

Sarah said...

Ok, I must have been under a rock because I don't think I knew you were pregnant??...with twins!!!! Has it really been that long that I've "visited"? Ok, so first, CONGRATS!!! A toddler and twins is completely awesome...don't let anyone make you nervous! God has totally equipped you for this new journey! I can't wait to hear more about it!!