My third month of Clomid ended with several BFNs. Boo! I know, it sucks. Why did I get my hopes up? A little bit of Clomid just doesn't seem to do the trick for us. It didn't work before Stella and it didn't work after Stella!
The consult with our RE was a couple weeks ago. We walked in and instantly felt at home. I thought we would feel sad or upset when we walked through those doors. We felt comfortable and almost giddy! We were once again taking the steps to have another baby. How could we not be super excited? The room was filled with so many cute young couples. I wanted to give them hope by telling them about Stella and how she was conceived there. It was sooo good to see familiar faces when we met with our RE. He did an ultrasound to check my ovaries and uterus. Everything looked good except for a tiny spot on my uterus. It's most likely a result of the retained placenta and D&C from last summer. He wants to do a "quick" hysteroscopy to take a better look at that spot. If he needs to remove any scar tissue he can do it during the procedure. He acted like it wasn't a big deal. I'm still nervous. I'll be completely awake during the procedure. If it's too painful then I can come back to have it done until anaesthesia.
So, omg, has any one had a hysteroscopy while they were awake? If so, please share!
After the ultrasound we talked numbers. We have 5 frozen embryos (2 are frozen together, and 3 are frozen together). All are very good quality -- the same quality as Stella when she was put inside of me. I want to say 4AA or something? I can't remember exactly. Our RE recommended thawing 2 and putting in both if they both survive the process, or if just 1 survives, then put in 1. He recommended saving the other 3 for another cycle, if needed. We've got a 40% chance of having 1 baby if we put 2 embryos inside me. We've got a 25% chance of having 1 baby if we put 1 embryo inside of me. We are not sure what we are going do yet. I'll keep you posted!
Any advice on frozen IVF cycles?
I started BC pills today. I'll be taking them for 3 weeks. My hysteroscopy is scheduled for next Wednesday. Say a prayer! I think I start estrogen and progesterone after I finish the pills and start my period. And then I'm thinking the transfer will be around my birthday, June 21st.
I've debated on whether or not I want to document our journey to baby # 2 but I think I've decided that I'm going to do it because I did it with Stella. I love being able to look back at our journey to her. I'm still reading blogs so if I used to comment on your blog often and I've stopped, that doesn't mean that I'm not still following you. I am still following your stories.
Now the best part of this post, pictures of Miss Stella Grace:











10 comments:
Stella is absolutely gorgeous. I look forward to hearing about your journey with #2. We're trying again as well. I haven't really talked about it on my blog yet. For some reason I feel nervous talking about it this time around. Weird, right?
I wish you luck in your journey!! I'm surprised you're ready to go through all this again so early. My son, conceived through IF treatments, is a few days older than Stella and I am nowhere near ready to start trying again. I thought I would be at this point, but even though he's a total toddler, he still seems like a baby to me, and he is still so dependent on me. Having another baby right now scares me!
Continued prays for this time you're going through. I really hope everything works out perfectly! Thanks for keeping us posted. :)
Wishing you the best of luck as you start this first IVF for baby #2!
You don't know me, but I've been flowing your blog since your first IVF in the summer of 2009. I also did IVF that summer, but miscarried twins, so we did it again in February 2010 and were blessed with a beautiful baby boy!! We are already planning on doing IVF again in January 2012. It's kinda exciting to think about doing it again! :-) Hope all goes well for you and that you get a beautiful sibling for Stella. Look forward to following your journey!
I'm really glad you're sharing this with us. I 'think' we're going to head the way of a FET cycle in August. Maybe. So I'm excited to hear how this goes for you.
Macie was conceived as a frozen cycle, and like you we had 3 frozen together and 2 frozen together. I don't remember much about the cell quality, just that we transferred 3 embryos and got one healthy baby. We have a straw with 2 left and that's what we'll look at possibly doing this summer. Keep us posted! AND, Stella is ADORABLE! That cake picture is classic!
Lordy, that picture of her with the easter eggs is PRECIOUS. Best of luck! Hoping everything goes well and you get your second bundle of joy very soon!
First of all, I cannot believe little miss Stella Grace is over a year old!!! Wow! I'm so excited that you're trying to add another miracle to your family! I'll be praying that everything goes well. :-)
I was wide awake during my hysteroscopy, it wasn't any worse than my HSG, I've had periods that were worse (and I don't have bad periods!) Not bad at all. Good luck!
Glad you stopped by! I've been thinking about you too. Saw this post and just was stewing over it... I wish you the best of luck through this journey... again. I can't wait to see you through this process again! You're such a good mom!
Love your little girl! What a sweet thing!
Post a Comment